NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just like children?

Marlene

So oftern I see the comment "just like a child" and our greys reall are. They test you just like a child would but I alwys get the impression when Gus Tests me that he's doing it for the laugh.

What I really want to see is - what is it that we let our birds do that we would not let our kids do. I for one know that when we got Gus (at 7 weeks) he slept in my room with me until such time that I was comfortable with him sleeping on his own. With my girls - they went into their own rooms the day we got home from the hospital.

When Gus enjoys his food, throwing it around and making a general mess - it's cute. Lets my kids try that!

What can your bird do that your kids can't....like lick your nose.

stick her beak in my cup and pull my drink away from me before I get a sip, steal noodles off my spoon, pull my chicken leg away from me, pull a coaster out from underneath my coffee, jump into my breakfast drink ..... :woohoo:

Louisejane wrote:

Screaming %$&*!£!!! across the living room when visitors are here:unsure: . My daughter certainly would not get away with this. And I swearthat the language was taught by previous owners.:whistle:

I can't stand not to ask this Lousejane. Who's voice does your Grey scream "%$&*!£!!!" in? :P B)