NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

close friends/possible sitter

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

there have been LOADS of new members recently so this is a call to all UK members (not meaning to exclude anyone, i love you all, but i have to ask), i am in wakefield near leeds, west yorkshire and i would LOVE to meet people near me with greys.

i really am chewing my friends and families ears off, and it would be nice to get in touch with like minded people near me, and even possibly think about arranging bird clubs or something similar because there is NOTHING like that here.

also i really need to start looking into somewhere for brian to stay, it is not of immediate importance, i dont have anything that would require a sitter planned for this year, but early 2009 we have a family holiday to florida planned and i feel i need to start looking into holiday homes for brian and was really hoping i could find someone close-ish who could meet him and myself a few times before then. rather than leave him in a "boarding" home :(

please reply, or pm me or whatever

becs x

Sorry Beccy I would be of no help to you as I live in the US but did want to make a comment or two.

I hope you can find other bird friends close so that you can start some kind of bird club for local members. I belong to one here where I live and I enjoy it a lot, we have monthly meetings and have a bird fair every year. Only other bird people understand us and how we feel about our feathered friends.

I wish you luck in finding someone to look after Brian when you go away, we all have use for this from time to time for even though we love them to death we need to go away for visits and such.

Guest briansmum

ha ha joe! a nude bird club... now theres an idea ;)

thanks everyone for you're replies, i know its a long shot, but i live in hope that someone nearer to me will see this post LOL

Good luck!!! I just wanted to say that it is possible to meet new people near you on these forums!! I know because it happened to me!! I live in WI and never actually had bird friends...I joined another forums long before I found this wonderful place!! Anyways I meet two girls that live in MN wich is about an hour and 15 minutes from me. Well we had arranged to meet at the stillwater MN bird fair but I was unable to make it. We had since been trying to figureout when and where to meet up. Emily one of the girls raises finches and I neede some new ones...well the night I got Fawkes my grey we arranged for me to stop at her house and pick up four finches and meet eachother!!! I got to meet her grey Oscar and her WONDERFUL blue and gold macaw cheyenne!! It was great and had it not been for forums like this one that would of never happened!! These 2 girls I meet from MN are now 2 of my closest friends!! So again I wish you luck and I personally know it is possible!

Good luck!!! I just wanted to say that it is possible to meet new people near you on these forums!! I know because it happened to me!! I live in WI and never actually had bird friends...I joined another forums long before I found this wonderful place!! Anyways I meet two girls that live in MN wich is about an hour and 15 minutes from me. Well we had arranged to meet at the stillwater MN bird fair but I was unable to make it. We had since been trying to figureout when and where to meet up. Emily one of the girls raises finches and I neede some new ones...well the night I got Fawkes my grey we arranged for me to stop at her house and pick up four finches and meet eachother!!! I got to meet her grey Oscar and her WONDERFUL blue and gold macaw cheyenne!! It was great and had it not been for forums like this one that would of never happened!! These 2 girls I meet from MN are now 2 of my closest friends!! So again I wish you luck and I personally know it is possible!

Hi Becs, I'm not far from you, York, N Yorks. Would defo be interested in a meet! We've not really been far in recent years due to Eddie not really loving strangers and it is hard for none bird people to be a stand in Mum for a week! We went on honeymoon last year and poor Eddie only came out of his cage once in a week as my Mum was terrified of him.

Hey, if I grey sit, Brian can teach Eddie how to be a good boy!! :lol:

Louise

xx

Yes Judy! I hope everything goes well! Where are we going to meet, I read that you don't eat fast food lol. So where would you like to meet up at? I can't wait! I may have to take my kids with me though lol. Jessie gets off of work at 2 and I have to pick him up at work. But hopefully your son and his family are feeling better!

Hi didnt realise you live so near. I live in Leeds, just down the road from you, I also have friends who cant do with the bird talk. Think i bore them do death sometimes! Would be interesting to try and find any clubs nearby. Let me know if you find anything. Would be nice to talk as well :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest briansmum

thanks for the replies guys sorry it took me so long.. seems like theres an endless list of technical problems here at the moment!

wow leeds is really close.. i think you may have PM'd my mum who is a member here but sadly never got her grey.

and york is a beautiful city i love days out there. we'll all have to keep in touch and let eachother know if we hear anything