NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Shoulder birds

LogicLover

Guest briansmum

HAHA Dan i had to do exactly the same thing with brian at first! took him a good couple of months to learn that when i say it's time to come down i mean it :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - It sounds like every Grey has it's own personality just like us Humans. :-)

Tari - Taking off your shirt with your Grey attached must be one funny sight :-) No wonder you don't shoulder him!

Lovemygreys - That's what your head is for, to accommodate the third Grey ;-)

Makena is ALWAYS on our shoulders... and when my fiance and I give each other a hug he loves to run back and forth between the 2. We will get a little ear nibble every now and again but nothing hard... and we always stop him right away. I think for the most part he is in awe of watching us do things and kind of just sits there paralyzed!

I do notice he is learning to balance very well by hanging out on our shoulders. At first we were putting our hand up to hold him on if we needed to bend over but now he can see how we move and will correct to keep from falling off. Smart bird!

We do have to take him off about every 15 minutes or so and have him poop. He refuses to poop on us so I make sure he goes because I worry he will hold it in too long!! The minute I set him in his cage, he goes, then it is right back on the shoulder!! And yes I do know how lucky we are.... :P

My amazon is the same way only I have to put him back in his cage for him to poop. He just wont poop at all if I am holding him. My grey on the other hand well poop on my face if he is up on my head. :woohoo:

That is so fun. Ya right. :dry:

As a new owner soon I'm not going to allow the shoulder until we know each other better and see how his attitude will be and how he will adjust to my rules and how I will adjust to his rules. Im listening to the be safe than sorry and I surely dont want an eye patch and I love wearing pierced ears and dont want to lose my ear. haha

buddy just flys on mine, and plays with my hair, ears and mouth never bit me while hes up there he knows not to sit on my weak side. he flys onto the arm hes not suppose to but soon as he gets up on the shouder he moves to one i let him sit on. he bows his head for a stroke on the top of his head and says gis us a kiss. i was eating something yesterday when i finally came home from hospital. buddy got hold of my tongue and put his little black one onto it i was very scared he would bite it off but hes a gentle boy he knows when to get off as well i just tell him to fly back to his play stand he goes straight to it and when lands swears at me.

Binti has never been a problem wilst sitting on my shoulder.

She has on occasion nipped my ear because I was dozing off and not, of course, paying her the attention she so richly deserves because it's all about her...lol.

As far as using a towel; many of you REALLY need to potty train your birds.

It's sooo simple, especially with the intelligence of our greys.

Hi Shanlung!!

Your Tinkerbell was and is special to those of us also that have read the story and view the images on your website. I still go there, just due to the beauty and inspiration I find in it.

I can not imagine the pangs in your heart when you think of her, but please know I hurt for you also.

It's just so sad you two can not somehow reunite. :-(

Thanks for posting!! Don't be such a stranger.

You are a deep well of knowledge that we can all learn from!!!