NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sukei is in a bad mood

KevinD

I know this probably gets old, but I’m trying to give examples. 

He was in a bad mood tonight, and maybe you can use this. When your Grey is in a bad mood, they will let you know , and you can avoid flesh loss.

Sukie won’t bow his head  and makes a click noise when you try to scratch them.

You should  avoid being bitten. A lot of people post in the Parrot bit me thread.

You can  avoid being bitten  by recognizing your Grey’s mood. 

I know Sukie

That’s all I have. Have a good weekend.

• Like 3

I try to tell myself that it's my fault if I get bit. I swear though, sometimes it seems intentional, even planned. Like "I'm going to lure her in and take a plug out of her." I see no warning signs, everything is going as usual, then bam, bite. 

• Like 1

Alfie used to sucker punch me by lowering his head, waiting for a scritch then then lunging. So I'm always a bit cautious and if he flicks his head to one side, I back off immediately. If he steps forward and lowers his head again then he definitely wants a scritch. If he doesn't move then I feel it's a 50/50 of whether he wanted a scritch or was going to bite. 🤣

• Like 2

Is the click sound similar to the sound of snapping your fingers? If so, Maalik and I like to make that sound back and forth to each other. For us it's a fun game. Never knew it also meant to stay away.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, Timbersmom said:

I try to tell myself that it's my fault if I get bit. I swear though, sometimes it seems intentional, even planned. Like "I'm going to lure her in and take a plug out of her." I see no warning signs, everything is going as usual, then bam, bite. 

My tag does this. she lures you in with her sweetness, then BAM, she takes a nip!  She has always been a jokester & lives for outsmarting me.  I never fall for her tricks, cause I will get a bite!   They have such different personalities.

• Like 2