NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

On a happier note/Play time with Corey

This is a picture of Corey playing with my husband.   John wraps her up in a t-shirt and bounces her above the bed in a birdie sling.  She loves it:  makes chicken sounds. 

It's only taken us 20+ year for her to be willing to be on her back.  When we first got her [as an adult] she would NOT step up to our hand.   It "only" took about 6 months before she was willing to come out of her cage onto our hand.  Like you guys say:  it's "grey time". 

CoreyInTshirt1.jpg

• Like 3

So cute! She's very comfortable and trusting! There's definitely something to be said about 'grey time', that's for sure!

My son does something a bit similar with Maalik. He'll pick him up, lay him on his back and then hold him up to his ear as if he's answering a phone. Maalik loves it!

• Like 2

That's adorable!

Alfie never goes on his back- and I'd probably lose a hand if I tried to guide him. I can give him scritches on his head and neck but if I try to touch him anywhere else he isn't happy about it. I was hoping to be able to harness train him over the years, but I can't touch his wings so I don't think it'll ever happen.

• Like 2

So cute!  My greys would never allow that, but my amazon, LOVES it! She will grip my fingers & I swing her gently on my lap saying, "swing the baby!"  She enjoys it for a while..until she doesn't, then you know what she does..bites to let me know she's done..:LOL

• Like 2