NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A little catch up from Alfie and I

neoow

Hi all, 

Sorry for the radio silence recently- my PC developed a problem so was out of action for a while and work has been absolutely crazy busy so I haven't been able to check in much recently.

How are you all? And how are all your birds doing?

Alfie is his usual rambunctious self. We haven't had the opportunity for any more big exciting adventures since our parrot/human meet up in the summer. But he still comes with me to visit my parents and get his mashed potatoes. My nephew stayed round a couple of times over the summer too. I'm not sure if Alfie knows what to make of this smaller but much louder human.... But he did learn a new sound- a very loud "mew" type sound when my nephew was sarcastically mimicking my cats (they are very loud and "shouty"!) So Alfie has picked that noise up and uses it with gusto regularly. He also learned a "whoop whoop" noise from me and again uses this one with lots of enthusiasm. I'll have to see if I can get a video of it as it makes me chuckle every time.

• Like 2

It's been super quiet around here.  GreycieMae is busy teaching (and using) mommy to get her morning nut.   If not fast enough she flies down to the floor and will start ankle biting or attacking a toe.   She will actually lead Marietta to the door that leads into the cubboard where the nuts are stashed.  When Marietta gets the nut, GreycieMae will then lead her to the counter where I have a casserole dish waiting and will crack the nut for them.   Huey has taken up a new role as Chief-of-Organization.   Marietta usually takes him in with her and they both get their faces put-on.   Huey has taken to de-cluttering her pull-out drawer.   He loves tossing hair scrunchies, glasses, anything paper or cardboard.   The drawer looks real nice when he's done, but everything is on the floor I guess waiting for the trash man?

Would love to see a video of Alfie's new noises.  I love how they pick up stuff, especially anything laced with sarcasm.   I think it's ingrained in them.

• Like 2

Good to see you again! It has been quiet here. I read one time that parrots pick up things quickly that are said with emotion, which is why bad language seems to come so easily to them I suspect. I do agree with the sarcasm point too though. Maybe they like that inflection as well.

All is well with Timber (as far as I know, he's not one to tell me otherwise). His annual visit to the avian vet went well, and his seizure meds are still working. He has little interest in Christmas which is normal. After all, the presents, they all belong to him if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am guilty of going dark. Im going to try and start posting more. All my people are now working remotly permently. That was a fun project. 23 of the 36 folks required in home visits to get them settled in. It was a strange thing seeing how folks live differently then what you imagined and what their pet setup was. (Story for a different time)  :) 

Everything is on automatic, and I built the remote infrustructure to be fairly fool proof. There are days when the servers in Canada or Germany like to act up, but for the most part things are ok. Just updates, patching and the occational operator error.

I kinda miss the in person interaction, so I have found myself talking to Sukie and Kasey a lot.

In a way, I am in my own cage, looking out the window. Well actually I am in my own cage looking out a window LOL. Save a lot of gas money !

Lets see if we can breath some life back into the house that our feathered friends built. :) 

• Like 1

Good to see you posting again KevinD! Everything seems to be running very smoothly here. I'd like to see more activity too, but it is what it is. I've tried the facebook groups but they move quickly from one thing to another, and there are too many dramatic people making too much noise there for me.

Everyone loves drama lol, I’m with you, too much garbage to go through.

Registration is wide open, just have to prove your human and have an email.

Like was previously posted, I’m sure there will be unwanted activity, but I’ll play wack a mole.

There is so much good information here, see if we can kick start it.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 1