NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

African Greys!

Talon

I was just scrolling social media. I follow a very well-known & reputable Bird Store. It's the largest in the country, family-owned.  Anyways, the cost of the baby African Greys......$7499.99.  

I was shocked. I didn't buy any of mine ( all rescues)  But I have the bill of sale for 2 of them..both my 15 year old greys were bought for $1600-2200.00

Makes you realize how valuable they are & time to make certain the security system is set at all times!!

• Like 1

Good grief. I got Alfie at 11/12 weeks old and I paid around £800 but that included his cage, toys, food and everything I needed for him. I think he was probably about £400-450.

I think last time I asked about the price for a grey over this side of the pond it was about £2000 but I suspect that might be more now.

• Like 2

The current prices for Greys is astronomical. I paid $1500 for Maalik in 2013. Sydney was a rescue that we acquired for free and Finn was also $1500, which is what his previous owner had paid for him. Finn was only a baby when we acquired him.

I often worry about the potential for them being stolen due to their current street value.  

• Like 2

Wow.    Greycie is going to be 10 on Halloween (can't believe it) and I think I paid 12-14K for her.   I used to worry about her being in our outdoor aviary in Allen but now that I'm out here in the boonies it's more about the critters around and not the more dangerous two-footed menace.  Greycie has a 24/7 guard though

ReataLGD.thumb.jpg.a5a14a975d766f18554ebcdaa8cdc211.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 12:09 AM, Greytness said:

The current prices for Greys is astronomical. I paid $1500 for Maalik in 2013. Sydney was a rescue that we acquired for free and Finn was also $1500, which is what his previous owner had paid for him. Finn was only a baby when we acquired him.

I often worry about the potential for them being stolen due to their current street value.  

That’s my biggest worry as well!

• Like 1