NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

African Grey Toys

Bonnieb

Alfie always has at least one foraging toy and at least one toy that he can shred into teeny tiny pieces. Oh and one that he can beat the snot out of too. I rotate his toys regularly as he does have to spend time in a cage when I'm working. Outside of his cage I have a lot of climbing/swinging toys for him. He loves a rope boing.

• Like 2

Rather than focussing on purchased toys I think you can explore toys around you. 

What I do is, any object wooden or paper which is not required by me ; I sterilise it (if possible or sun bath it) and give it to my bird to be chewed and destroyed. 

In this way she/he is not bored of the same toy coz; it nearly changes every 1/2 days. Apart from this I have a climbing rope which she/he loves to play with.

If nothing is available I give it a branch of a tree or rope piece to play.

Just a suggestion for you to consider.

• Like 2

My CAG's goal in life is to remove the clacker from any bell a toy might have.  He's obsessed with bells -- until that clacker is removed, he cannot resume normal life.  lol  On the plus side, I never hear incessant annoying ringing bells sounds here.  

I give mine an assortment of permanent-ish toys (which I rotate) and ones that are meant for immediate destruction.  He also gets cardboard he can shred and throw onto the floor in a million pieces. As long as he's entertained (and safe!) I encourage this!  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, LNCAG said:

I forgot all about adding machine paper.  Now I've got to find mine and give some to Snickers.  He hasn't shredded any in a few years.  Poor tyke.  :(  I just completely forgot about it. 

Dorian has a roll his cage and his playstand.  I scored a 12' x 12' x 12' box full of rolls of tape for $10 a few years ago at a thrift store, so he's well supplied.

• Like 1