NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How is everyone?

neoow

Yes, although I check regularly..it has been quiet.... I am great, my flock is even better!  My amazon is now 12 years old and finally getting less hormonal than in the past.so that's a good thing for us!

Talon is 15 years old

Rikki 15 years old

Nilah 12 years old

• Like 4

Alfie turned 18 a couple of weeks ago. We're still working on training recall. He also waves, is learning to spin on his perch and is still working out his colours (red, blue, green and yellow). I got a second cage for him and put it upstairs so he can join me when I work from home as well. He seems to like that and keeps mumbling, which is usually a sign he's trying out new words.

• Like 4

Well, other than Miss Vannah trying to become a mom for the first time at 28, our flock is doing well!  My Husband is looking to retire in the next year, which is exciting because his job is on the hazardous end of things.  I am finishing up my 16th year teaching and getting ready to move into a brand new building (from a building that we have shared with a second school for the last two years).  Our 2 other fids, Dusty and Piper turned 20 last month and haven't been too rattled by Vannah's moodiness. They have been with us since they were weened off of hand feeding and ready to be somewhat independent.  They are a GCC and a Cockatiel respectively.  I was hoping our cockatiel wouldn't take the hint and try egg laying again. So far, so good!  In two weeks we will have Vannah's 29th hatch-day too.

• Like 3

I was right about Alfie's mumbling... he was relarning a phrase my dad taught him when he was young- "Oi! Put the kettle on!"

I came home from work on Thursday evening and he suddenly started saying it.

Whenever Alfie starts mumbling a lot I know he's trying to learn something new. Or in this case, re-learn something from many years ago.

My dad has been complaining that Alfie no longer says anything that he taught him so we have been encouraging him to start saying it again. And it worked!

Glad it worked! I've tried to get Timber to say many things, and except for his middle name I've been unsuccessful. I've noticed the mumbling though, which eventually involves into something understandable. Just nothing I want him to say, ha.