NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Picky Eaters

neoow

Absolutely! I don't actually know where these images originally come from - is it facebook? I can see the credit at the bottom so I'll look it up.

I only ever catch them when they get shared on other sites and they don't usually link back to the original post (same as what I've just done!). I'll add a link if I can find the original post.

I've seen a few and they are always spot on! This one really rung true for Alfie though!

Edit: found it! https://www.facebook.com/FelixLaFollett

Edited by neoow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been blessed.  I can add new foods from time to time and they are accepted and eaten by Snickers.

Now, a whole dish of never-seen-before foods would probably be rejected.  But by adding one new item at a time -- he tastes it.  It will eventually be a regular in his dish.

Patience....

No parrot will starve itself, not in my home.  They want to live, the want to eat.  Patience....

• Like 1

My latest issue (besides Snickers now refusing brown rice) is convincing him that my own homemade rice is the same as his favourite frozen variety of Birdseye.  I even tried a rice steamer, which provides loose rice as opposed to the rejected stuck-together rice.  I have made some progress.  But how in the heck does he know the difference in white rice?  He's fine with my own version of peas, carrots, corn, etc.. but he is addicted to this frozen brand of rice.  CRAZY!  Rice is rice to me -- but esp less-nutritious white rice all tastes the same.  Yes?  I have purchased 500 bags of this frozen rice mix... thanks Snickers.  The cheapest food on the planet and frozen Birdseye makes it costly.  lol

[And oh how I long to get him on brown rice again -- so much healthier.]  Gotta love a smart grey!!!  He KNOWS somehow. 

snickers frozen rice.jpeg

Edited by LNCAG
  • Like 1

I am mixing my own white rice in his daily mixtures, and slowly reducing the amount from the frozen bagged rice.  I think this is going to take a while though....  

I'm using the rice steamer since its long grain rice looks shiny and smooth when cooked; long grain rice cooked in a covered pot has a fluffy sticky appearance and that turns Snickers off.  I tried rinsing it to see if that would make it look more shiny and separated but no go.  Snickers knows.

• Like 1

Alfie has dumped the entire contents of his food bowl because I dared to put something new in his bowl - no matter how small! 😂

He ALWAYS knows when I'm trying to be sneaky with his food and trying to convince him to eat something new.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alfie doesn't waste any time!  No, Snickers is more the toss stuff one piece out at a time sort of parrot.  And with white rice, I think he just picks around the 'wrong' kind.  He actually ate a good portion of the 'wrong' rice yesterday -- it's taken him long enough to try it. 

• Like 1