NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Why

KevinD

Id like to gather some thoughts why folks think websites like these are going away, beyond the obvious.

Facebook, twitter, Instagram, ect, ect...

Lives too busy, maybe old tech, maybe instant gratification?

What is it that makes you visit traditional forums less then say 10 years before.

Be honest, no one will bash you, really interested beyond the obvious.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Like 1

I check here regularly also.  And if there is anything I feel I can reply to -- I do.

I started on Compuserve Forums -- loved their Birds Forum.  But then they went the way of the web and sort of died out.  Today there is just too much competition for your online time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like Facebook, am no longer on there.  I come here regularly, but too many people now seem to be relying on Social Media.  I would just as soon leave Facebook and other forms of Social Media.  Maybe it is a reflection of my age.  Too many young arrogant people on Social Media who are rude and think they know everything.  I am older, and dont tolerate disrespect from young people well.  I have kept parrots for over forty years, and I dont appreciate some little 18 or 21 year old telling me I am doing things wrong.

• Like 2

I use facebook and twitter a lot, but not for parrot info. I've never found a group there that I thought was anywhere near as helpful as this one when I have an issue.  As Breezy2013 said, I've seen bad information and too many irritating people on the facebook groups to make it worthwhile. I'm sure there are good people with good info there, but sometimes smaller groups are better. It's to time consuming to pick through the information there for a nugget of useful information, and the size doesn't promote relationships. That's why I come here.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is the possibility of instant gratification for most.  Personally for me, I prefer forums like these but was disappointed to find out that they were falling by the wayside because of social media.  FB, Insta, and others are so full of drama.  I prefer sites like this but have been using social media because there seems to be more action there. Just logged back in to make an effort to post more on here. 

• Like 3