NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The "reason for edit"

LNCAG

I usually don't catch a mistake until seconds after I post it. 

I wish the "reason for edit" could wait 5 minutes before kicking in.  Sometimes I am actually adding additional info to earlier post, and then it makes sense to give the reason for the edit. 

But sometimes I have just hit "submit/post/send" and see I made a silly simple error within seconds of posting -- and I just hate not to correct it.  Like writing "my my parrot", or "I'll look in into it" or even something silly misspelling I missed.

Why are mistakes so much clearer after you post them than when you're writing them?  I swear I try to proofread my stuff before hitting send/post/submit (whatever it is)....  lol

• Haha 2

YOUR NOT ALONE.

Some times when I proofread my post and I submit my post and I read it when it comes up in the thread I think to my self OH sh*t (when I make that silly error) their going to think I dumb.

Or how about when you read your post or your reply a day or two later and there are 10 other reply`s after yours and that's when you see your badly misspelled words that you missed.

• Like 2

Hah, funnily enough, I have spotted some absolute corkers in my posts recently- usually when I read back through a thread. I always wonder how I missed it the first time round, as I always read back what I have written before posting.

As for the reason for editing box... isn't it optional to leave a comment? Or has that changed?

Edited by neoow
  • Like 2

On some boards, if the edit is completed within a couple minutes of its original posting, the system won't indicate the post was edited. If I just corrected a minor mistake, guess I'd like the system not to mention I edited anything.

After a post has been up a while, then it makes sense to let others know a post was edited (esp if post has been commented on or reacted to).  Whether the poster explains the reason for the edit should be optional, of course.  But if I made a significant change to my post, I'd prefer to just say why in the edit note.  

Sometimes I just want that 10 second rule to fix something without it being noted as 'edited' I guess.  lol

• Like 2