NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hospital

Jayd

Jay is seriously ill and is going to the hospital, probably later today. We wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving but he is really suffering and in extreme pain. If you are interested in what Jay's condition is, let me know and I will tell you. Love, Maggie

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

UPDATE: They moved Jay from Telemetry to high-risk ICU today. He is on several life-threatening infections they are 😟treating, have said that he will be in the hospital for a long while, and they are contemplating surgery but are unsure he would be eligible because the flight to Las Vegas and subsequent surgery may be too much for him to survive...(wow...😢) so, we shall see....it is obviously in GOD's hands now....Maggie

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

NEW UPDATE:

Jay's condition is so poor, after he and I spent hours talking....he has refused the surgery etc. which would alleviate only one problem because he would be enduring many surgeries and subsequent skin grafts, etc. and would still have the underlying lung issues and CHF.

His main reason is to leave the main time, work, doctor's attention and all that goes with it so that someone else with more promise could benefit...His love for mankind is so great ....I will update as we talk to caseworkers, since he will be going into hospice care full-time....thank you and GOD bless each one of you....Maggie and Jayd

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update: Jay's condition is progressively worse. I almost lost him Thursday morning....I woke up and Jay's air was not working properly...his oxygen saturation had dropped to 31...I woke him up and gave him a secondary oxygen bottle so I could bring up his O2 levels. He has some resultant eye and hearing damage from the loss of oxygen and it took a few hours to get him up to his average 91 saturation rate. The nurse said that it will probably take a few days to recover from the oxygen loss.

What a time to have run out of wine! 😝

Jay has two to three nurses who come in three times a week to take care of him and Joe, to our total amazement, has just rolled with it. Joe loves one of the nurses and always shows off when she is here (they are put in their cages when they come over) and Salsa just hides out in the corner of her cage. Thank you all for your prayers...Maggie

• Sad 2

Greetings Greytness...thank you! As Jay was recuperating, it took quite a while to bring his O2 levels up and during that time, he said he had no pain and no discomfort. He said most of his sensations and pains came back after about three hours...Now, after being examined by the doctor, his eyes and ears are damaged...He needs 400 dioptic correction in each eye and he is now completely deaf in his right ear and partially deaf in his left. He has no feeling in his right hand and both legs and his pulse is jumping from extremely low to afib territory. Most of the damage (that we know) is to his extremities, ears, and eyes and I have been told to keep a close watch since it could be weeks before we find out the true extent of damage besides the elevated risk of heart failure and strokes...they have also upped his medications and breathing treatments. I am very worried....I really appreciate the kind words and they mean so much to Jay who is really scared right now. Thank you so much!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1