NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Here's to the Greenies...

Jayd

Amazons deserve their own credit....no matter what you call them....Zons, Greenies, Evil Green Chickens, Zonzillas....they will always have a place in our hearts and in the scars they leave upon our bodies. As opposed to a Grey, they are all action with very few words...yet they can talk off an ear off without blinking, and if you are lucky enough, one who is musically inclined, like opera. Once a year, they go into what we call the "FEAR ZONE" and we do what we can to avoid them. Hormonal does not mean harmony in a Zon's life. They are so sweet and within one second, can turn and draw first blood. All joking aside, uuuhhhh, I guess there is no joking.

In all sincerity, a Zon can be a very loving and warm companion with years of love and happiness. They have the most beautiful, expressive eyes also. A Zon is definitely self-absorbed...their wants and needs come first, and they are very vocal and expressive in letting you know about their wants and needs. Their companionship cannot be surpassed. They keep going and going and going.... like the Energizer Bunny....They truly are loyal and loving, and they get along well with other parrots in your home. They are masters at entertaining themselves and their slaves....

Here's to the Greenies....YEA!!! Jayd

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 3

I love our Panama amazon! While I can't actually hold him unless he's flown himself into a jam (I'm not the chosen one), I do have a sweet relationship with him. We chat back and forth and I give him treats to coax him back into his cage at night. I can rub his head through the bars without getting nailed. He has an evil laugh, loves to 'roll his R's, sing along to music and terrorize our CAG, Maalik!
Harley's very timid, but a true delight! Our home is a better place because of his presence in it.

083harley.jpg

• Like 3

We inherited Savanna a Yellow Cheek Amazon and she is a very kind and sweet bird. When she steps up she runs up your arm to shoulder level and is content to sit there shewing on your shirt. Loves skritches and ruffles . She has angel wings from a nutritional issue as a baby. The easiest going bird in the house.

• Like 2