NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Today we welcomed home Fynn!

Greytness

Today we welcome Fynn into our hearts and home! Fynn (formerly Casper) is a gentle little sweetheart. Confident, curious and so darn adorable in every way!

While my heart is filled with sadness, knowing his first owner gave it his all to make things work, and whose heart is now broken having to rehome him, we are both focused on moving forward. My door will always be open to him for visitation rights!

I'm absolutely amazed at how quickly little babies can become acclimated to new surroundings. He's already met all the birdies, has flown laps around our bird room and outdoor aviary, munched down on a healthy bowl of chop, shredded a few toys, and has already wiggled himself into our hearts.

Welcome to your new home, Fynn!

20180826_155449.jpg

20180826_152906.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

His feet are 4 inches front toe-tip to back toe-tip...Isaac's are something like 3.5 ....measure yours. This baby has giant feet. It's amazingly cute though He is like spider-man in bird form. Never fails to snag the perch. Super outgoing personality. The most curious of explorers. 

Have you seen flap time yet? Kind of figuring that if you have, you'll know what I mean by "flap time". Ha!

Anyway, no matter how you slice it, when you bat an eye his way, he does nothing but make you happy and fill your heart with joy. A new baby exploring the world and having a lot of fun...being allowed not to be afraid. It's an experience that forever warms your heart, and you feel touched by this  gift from the universe that you can share such a precious time with such a precious life. My daughter and I share a beautiful bond around this baby that we are truly grateful for. We are gonna have to go see him soon.

Thanks for loving him. He is the most innocent soul when you watch him. All you see is the magic of life as you stare at whatever he does. Every living and breathing motion is filled with the magic that makes life so beautiful. Each little pout as cute as the last. Beautiful curiosity. Adorable questioning glares. He's an ever flowing tap into what makes living the most beautiful thing of all. It's a true gift to share in the youth of a precious creature such as an African Grey. They really are like children to me. This was the most difficult thing I have ever had to do in my life. I cannot remember having to turn on my heart when it was so strong. But I am glad he is going to be happy and loved.  Thank you for giving him love and I hope he carries your heart away the way he has ours. 

Edited by Elvenking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fynn is having lots of fun as are we! My daughter had him out this afternoon and he kept flying into my office to see what I was up to. I'd return him to my daughter, but in a flash he was right back for another little visit!

He's a fantastic little eater. Today he had broccoli, carrots, yams, English peas, baby chard greens, sugar snap peas, corn, a sprinkling of raw hemp seeds and ancient grains, microgreens, my home made birdie bread, banana, grape, and blueberries. He tried everything and ate most of his lunch. Little crop has a nice bulge to it, too!

Elvenking is right. His innocence pulls you in deeply. Wish he could stay that way. Haha! Well, we'll savor every single precious little baby moment while it lasts.

I've ordered an avatar harness for him. Going to see if we can acclimate him to wearing it so that he could take walks with us. Our other birds were too old when we'd introduced it to them. It was a definite no go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Sydney's feathers were a dull lifeless mess when we rescued him. Probably hadn't felt water on his feathers for at least 8 years, if not longer. The first thing we did besides feed him a good meal was to completely mist him down.

I think I missed what's up with Huey's feet. Does he pick at them?

Edited by Greytness
  • Like 3

Chickens?   Too many.  I have about 30 at the barn and 30 in the backyard.   The backyard flock is all Silkies as well as young birds that will eventually end up at the barn.  I also have some really small ones in the aviary with Huey and GreycieMae.  That situation was forced on me a few nights ago when a bobcat showed up and made off with about 10 chickens.   I got two back from the neighbors yard across the road where he hauled them off to and they escaped.   I bought a kennel to set up and put them in but I need to find time to get it together and move them out.

• Like 4