NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Chance

Ray P

I have a chance to rehome a Blue and Gold Macaw in need of a home.

She is about 25 years old and has been with the  same family most of her life.

I am thinking seriously about it and I am going to try and meet her this weekend

I am told that she is a very  good talker and that  she is people friendly.

We will see what happens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow.  A blue and gold would be my dream bird, but it will always have to be a dream in my case.  I just don't have the room.  A pet store in town has a resident blue and gold named Cloe, and I go in to visit with her.  She comes with an interesting history.  The owner of the pet store sold her as a baby 24 years ago.  Now one of her owners, the one Cloe was bonded to, has died, and the family got in touch with Phil to see if he was interested in taking her back.  They're not looking for a new home, they're going to keep her.  Unfortunately their grey started plucking when she arrived and she's (the grey) a bit of a hot mess.  They've gotten her about $300 dollars of stimulating, preening and shredding toys to keep her occupied, but they're afraid it's become a habit now.

I say "Go for it"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am waiting for a call back.

We talked for about an hour by phone and he did say that he had a sister that was interested, but he did not think she could handle a Macaw.

The man  wants to make sure she will go to a good home as she has been part of the family for about 20 years. Fifteen years with him and five years with his father. They took her in as a rehome when she was between 5 and 10 years old

She had a minor injury to one of her wings and a broken toe.

I hope things work out as I would love to giver her a home.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This morning I called back the person with the Blue & Gold Macaw. I talked to the wife and she said her hubby was busy and would call back in about 20 min. or soo. That was at noon  and its now 6:45.

Not sure what`s going on. All I want is a yes or no so I can go on about my business.

I gave him background information along with references and phone numbers.

Still up in the air

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1