NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Finding latest threads

neoow

First off... wow, what a change! Loving the new layout! Thank you for all the hard work that went into getting things up and running!

Secondly- this isn't a problem as such, more of a  general 'how to' query. I'm still finding my way round the new site so I may be missing some obvious things. This also isn't a complaint or a grumble. Just looking for the best way to navigate around the new site. :)

I can see there is an 'unread content' and 'activity' button at the top and these take me to an activity stream with all the latest posts/comments. However I can't seem to find a way to get to the threads these comments come from, so some of it is out of context. It will say "so and so posted something in somebody elses thread" but doesn't give the thread title and I can't seem to find a way to get to that thread from the activity stream.

At the moment I'm ignoring these two buttons and looking at each 'room' to see which threads have been updated and reading through them there, as I like to see the whole conversation rather than just the latest comment/update.

If someone else has found a better way to see the latest updated threads (rather than just the latest comments) please can you let me know how?

• Like 1

Wonderful to see you found your way back to our family.

if you click on the Greyforums at the top, it will  take you to the rooms, on the right in red is the latest post, if you click on that it will take you to the thread and show the new post at the bottom.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Talon. I've just spotted your how to guide as well, very useful. I took a closer look at the activity page and there is a black dot that appears at the top of the new posts if you haven't read them. If you click on the dot, it takes you to the thread. As you mentioned in your how to guide, you can also click on the speech bubble when it shows the number of replies and that also takes you to the thread.

Easy when you know how! I just missed it the first time round. 9_9

• Thanks 1