NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Smoking parrot head

KevinD

Ive never noticed this before, but sukei was in direct sunlight today behind him, and when he scratched his head, it looked like smoke was coming off his head, like a cloud. We spray him down everyday, his hygiene is excellent, what is that? Like a Bird dandruff?

• Like 1

It's their 'powder', similar to cockatoos, cockatiels and other really dusty birds. We have those inset lights in our ceiling that create a beam and one shines right on our (GreycieMae and myself) evening lounge chair. Whenever she scritches, I see that flume of powder rise to the ceiling. I'm sure my lungs are full of it because I can't keep my face out of her fluff.

• Like 1

Judy, we shower him everyday, that's why I'm concerned, believe me, this is the most spoiled grey on earth, my wife cooks for him everyday, fresh corn, carrots, apples, green peppers (raw not spicy deal), peanuts, crackers, AND she makes him eat the vitamin mix.

He only gets some seeds as a treat.

Edited by KevinD

Sukei is a different Grey, he actually came from Africa, so sometimes I take that into account. Most greys are domesticated, this poor guy road the boat in a box, from Africa to the middle east, and was lucky to make it back to the US He does have some emotional issues LOL, but then again, I would too.

• Like 1

Just kinda freaked me out. Looked like his head was on fire LOL. I googled some stuff and they said the same thing.

I guess everyone has been run off because of the google threat warning.

I think they have it well in hand.

I have it on good authority someone was busting their ass cleaning the mess up. I also have it on good authority, the whole format of this place is about to change for the better. You never know, sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette :)

• Thanks 1