NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Extremely Worried About Olive - Injury

Giannine

Such gd news about Olive! Is rhere good news about you x also?

He is doing fine but has been hospitalized once more since he was released. He has a long road ahead of him and unfortunately, he does not seem to grasp the seriousness of what happened to him and the life that was given back to him. If hospital staff is in tears and talking about him in the following days and calling him a "miracle", that should tell him just how blessed he is to be here but I don't think he realizes it. His life will be short if he doesn't make the necessary changes to his lfestyle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen these collars that people are making and selling on line. They are made of cloth, and are a larger circle with several varying layers on top of the larger piece, to distract the bird from the chest area. I've heard mixed reviews, but most of them good. The good reviews say that the birds preen the smaller bits of cloth rather than over preen themselves. I will try to snap a screenshot the next time I see one. They remind me of the old court jester collars in the movies. (Did I just give away my age???) Think circular bib with layers...No plastic involved.

Regardless, they might be worth a try, and if you sew, you could easily make one. (I don't.) I have no doubt that if they distracted and worked for your Olive, they would be a lot more comfortable for long term use.