NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Isaac Says Hi - Pics

Elvenking

Just dropping in with my little guy to say 'hello' while I have some free time. Been working on a couple things lately. :) Oh he now sneezes like my daughter. Funny. Check out my little love. There is something else different about him lately too. I can't seem to put my finger on it though.

1E6753B2-51E0-4884-A01E-241AAC7F5203.jpg

E4BEC1F9-FA3F-4391-B73C-77D5B7AB91F0.jpg

758C5249-C7DE-465F-B6A2-1FB4E444A45F.jpg

Well look at that beautiful boy! I so love your Isaac. Hmm....seeing him so close to your knife set, makes me want to suggest that you should stop allowing him to watch those first seasons of "Dexter" with you!!! :D :D

I have really been doing nothing special lately. In fact, I started a night class in sound engineering a couple times a week from 8 to midnight. My boy still gets his out time and plenty of daddy time between my day job so it all works out, but since I have just let things be, he seems to be really comfortable with himself and not picking or anything. We all know he is prone to it though...so it's in his psyche..it'll always be there. Bah...so what. I think he might have a feathered summer though....maybe longer. I really don't mind one way or the other anymore, it's his choice, I think I am doing all I can. Have had a lot of time to process this and can properly put in perspective now. So in love with this bird though. I can always call him and he will fly to my hand, then I'll tuck him under my arm to give him a light bird hug. He is a super sweetheart. I didn't know that I could be so happy to be with a parrot, but Isaac sure breaks all barriers and you can feel the appreciation. He's behind me right now keeping all his new feathers properly preened. Something I can appreciate for now. I think the key to it all is that Isaac and I are more bonded than one might imagine. It really is kind of ridiculous when I think about it. How much this bird loves being with me, and I with him. It's no wonder I may never leave his side ever for too long. There is nothing that fills my heart with extreme joy like Isaac. Honestly, I am the one who really couldn't go anywhere without him. He is my baby forever...and I don't think a man could really love his friend any more than I love my boy. He's going to be alright no matter what. I'll make sure of that. :) thanks for coming to look at the life for which I have the most pride...my boy Isaac.

Edited by Elvenking

There is something really special about Isaac, he is such a handsome boy. I can relate to you on dealing with certain issues with Isaac as I am going through some of the same stuff. Greys are in my opinion, are the most magnificent creature on this planet. They make us fall in love and teach us about life along the way. Our greys really are our best friends in life. Luckily, it seems you are doing a great job as his paront! How old is he?

Edited by Charlies Dad

Echo the sentiment about loving these birds. I regularly hear comments "he loves his bird more than me" from the wife when she's talking on the phone. Well, she loves her birds too so... It feels closest to the love for a child to me, only they're more appreciative.

I don't think anything has ever made me feel more appreciated than Isaac.

There is something really special about Isaac, he is such a handsome boy. I can relate to you on dealing with certain issues with Isaac as I am going through some of the same stuff. Greys are in my opinion, are the most magnificent creature on this planet. They make us fall in love and teach us about life along the way. Our greys really are our best friends in life. Luckily, it seems you are doing a great job as his paront! How old is he?

My boy was born in November of 2009 so he is going to be 7 soon. He's got me wrapped around his talon for sure.

Isaac is looking good. Thanks for the update, your household sounds so relaxed and fulfilling right about now. You have come through so much with Isaac to reach this place where you accept him just the way he is and that is unconditional love. I do agree that living with my greys has opened my heart to a different kind of love. It is different than kids and even grandkids. There is something powerful and profound about loving our parrots. Being that it is so hard to explain, it is wonderful that so many of you just "get it". I wouldn't consider Miss Gilbert grateful or appreciative in any of my most creative moments. There is still something extraordinarily rewarding about figuring out what to do to help her learn that we are a team.

Isaac is looking good. Thanks for the update, your household sounds so relaxed and fulfilling right about now. You have come through so much with Isaac to reach this place where you accept him just the way he is and that is unconditional love. I do agree that living with my greys has opened my heart to a different kind of love. It is different than kids and even grandkids. There is something powerful and profound about loving our parrots. Being that it is so hard to explain, it is wonderful that so many of you just "get it". I wouldn't consider Miss Gilbert grateful or appreciative in any of my most creative moments. There is still something extraordinarily rewarding about figuring out what to do to help her learn that we are a team.

Thanks for the kind words. He is still doing great. It is taking some time for the tummy feathers to fill in for sure, and I am not sure if he is gonna keep em. But he is the sweetest thing ever. Just last night and the night before, I was sitting at my desk working on something and Isaac is sitting on the back of my chair hanging out. He rests a foot on my shoulder and then rubs his head on my shoulder....then stops...and says, "Whooooooo". So I scratch his head and he is loving it closing his eyes and such. He says, "Whoooooooowww" again. It is just too much to see. What a love bird.