NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Indoor aviary / bird room step by step

alex2014

Finally got started on the indoor aviary, work has been crazy so this might take awhile.

Covering windows, i wanted to be able to open the windows but was worried about the birds escaping by tearing the screen so i installed some grating that i hinged to allow me to easily open the shades and windows in nice weather. Attached pictures are the mesh screens in improvise and installed. One window done one to go.

Next steps:

Cover the other window

Paint the room and some murals

Install a screen door

window with screen closed.jpg

window before.jpg

srceen with hindges.jpg

Love the metal grate idea. We're thinking the same thing after the last round of storms here knocked 'storm' windows completely out. I've even thought about a grate cage extending out from the window so they can get a little outside time while in their room if they want.

Love the metal grate idea. We're thinking the same thing after the last round of storms here knocked 'storm' windows completely out. I've even thought about a grate cage extending out from the window so they can get a little outside time while in their room if they want.

I love the grate cage outside the window idea!! That would work so well with my "work in progress" bird room.

The build is coming along great Alex, I wish I had carpentry skills like that.

• 3 weeks later...

My artist finally came today and looked over the room. She said she will do clouds on the ceiling and trees on the walls. I'll go get the paint and she hopes she can do the work in about 2 weeks. I told her to just be creative and she likes that idea.

Can't wait for this next step to be completed..

Then all that's left is to remove the carpet and put down some linoleum and hang some perches and toys. I also have 2 java trees to put in the room.

My son still needs to sell his tanning bed so I can get it out of the room, anyone interested? LOL

• 1 month later...

Your work in progress looks wonderful. We don't have a bird room but have used a flooring from Home Depot called Allure. It is inexpensive, really easy to put down, looks good and is easy to keep clean. You are well on your way to creating a beautiful environment for happy birds in your home.