NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

7 Years ago today!

Talon

7 years ago on this very day....Rikki my cag, came into my home. At the time, I only had Talon, my tag, she was 2 1/2 years old. Rikki was a sweetheart from day one, she stepped right up onto my arm as soon as I opened her travel cage. This was to be her 4th home, her first was a pet store, her second was a middle aged couple who bought her from that pet store & gave her a very good life..I can say that based on her personality, her behavior & her sweetness. That couple had her until the husband became very sick, it was clear to me, (even tho I never met them) that Rikki was very bonded to him. She had a favorite toy & still does....it was empty prescription bottles to chew and take apart. (because of that obsession, I can NEVER leave any out unless they are empty..I save them for her & now put them in her toy bucket) She talked in a man's voice & occasionally answered the phone in a woman's voice. When he passed on, the wife tried to keep her but just didn't have the time for her & felt it was better that she had a family that did. She was sold to another older couple. Rikki has a loud voice & loves to whistle as well loudly.

Some of you long-time members may remember how she came to be with me....it was this forum that brought her to my home....I logged on one morning, and saw a post from as new member titled: how to quiet my grey, she was too noisy.....I went red at that and posted kind of a snotty reply about not doing your homework and that's greys aren't quiet, you cant quiet them, its their nature to whistle & be loud many times through-out the day, and that I WOULD TAKE HER IF THEY DIDN'T WANT HER!!........I was pretty mad......well little did I know...in this WORLD-WIDE forum, did they live 2 hours away.....(BTW: they had her 6 weeks only) so after a few pm's...they drove 2 hours to bring Rikki to her forever home.

I do know they had become quite attached to her in those short 6 weeks, it was a sad, painful goodbye for them when they had to leave her.

Due to the fact that she had so many different homes in her short life of 2 1/2 years...it took her almost 3 years to really settle in here and understand she was staying for good!! She was quite the angry menace in the beginning....:(

So I am celebrating her 7th year with us with lots of extra attention & treats!! Happy Forever Home day Rikki!!

20130920_085956_zpsfmjlnrs3.jpg

20130918_185004_zpsaddxmj6a.jpg

Yes, I kept in touch with both of her previous homes, I'd send pics and tell them what new words she could say. The first owner was always so excited to hear from me. I have lost touch with her, her email address doesn't seem to work anymore, but last I knew, she still kept a pic of Rikki on her desk at work. :)