NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New play area for Zoe

We are less than a week away from getting our Timneh baby and can hardly wait. I had an area that used to be a closet in the main room where her cage will be so I wanted to do something functional for her. This is what I came up with. I have some storage under the black curtains and the beige surface is laminated rolled edge counter from lowes. I got a damaged one for $25 ;) We found a cool wall mural on amazon that is applied like wall paper. I clear coated it will acrylic coating so we can wipe it down easily. I used stainless steel chain and put 1 1/2" PVC pipe on the top to keep her from climbing all the way to the top. I wanted to be able to add and take out toys easily. It makes me want to climb on and play on it already but I wanted to get some opinions on what you all think.

zoeplayarea_3.jpg

zoeplayarea_1.jpg

zoeplayarea_2.jpg

I just ordered a few rolls of vetrap off amazon so should be here by Thursday. I plan to use this play area for when we are in the room together during target training and our initial training sessions. I will keep an eye on the bells and see what happens. I have another bell that I bought separately and was going to add that one later. Its a lot heavier and louder so wanted to see how she reacts to what we have now before adding anything else. I might take one of the items there now out and add it later after she is introduced to the area. This will be where i add new foraging toys and other items to keep things changing so she is not surprised by changes in general. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...