NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our Daisy passed away during the night.

murfchck

Daisy is our diabetic min pin who was approximately 10 years old. She fought hard but passed away in her sleep last night. We spent the entire evening with her at the vet and chose to take her home to be with us. The filled her with fluids ( there is a name for this but I have no idea what) to keep her hydrated until morning. Gave her nausea shot and also meds for her diarrhea as her stools were solid blood. Her calcium levels and phosphate levels were sky high and they explained she was basically turning into a stone. She was our sweet baby and will be very missed, but as I told her she is free to run now without hip and leg pains and can see again. So run fast, look around and enjoy everything you see baby! I love you!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YAqZjI4DYbg/VQomXbd0ejI/AAAAAAAABqc/cR12mp_0Gvs/w326-h579-no/20150318_202850.jpg

We got her after dinner one night from our waiter. We overheard him talking about his min pin who was being used as a play toy for some pit bulls. We picked her up the next morning. She had a broken leg that had just healed and her hip and knee when out of socket weekly after that her entire life. A few years later we noticed her eyes were very cloudy so we went to the vet who found out she was diabetic, since then she has gotten 2 shots a day and never once complained. Within months of her diagnosis, she went blind except for shadows. A year ago she developed an ulcer in her eye. Despite treatment she would be loosing her eye, vision was completely gone. Despite all of this, she loved her other doggies and would play and run with them the best she could. Very big hole left in my heart without her with me.

My heart breaks for your loss. My sister just asked why I got another sick parrot when Juno died and then Gilbert when Kopi passed. The only answer I can think of is to compare the pain of my loss when I let them go to the life of feelings they would experience in a different home without that love and care. My pain is pale in comparison to the lifetime they spent, however long or short in a home where they were wanted and treasured. Daisy may have had adversity but she led a charmed life to be loved so much in your home.