NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I lost Sunny yesterday

kins2321@yahoo.com

Poor Sunny... he is in birdie heaven. I couldn't find him yesterday when I went in the birdroom to clean it and feed them. I found him under the secretary. I knew he was dying. ( he is very old). We spent the day together. Wrapped him in a towel to keep him warm and secure, and I never left his side. He would wakeup occassionally for some water and his favorite yogurt.Ollie my pup, knew something was wrong with him, insisted on being with us. Ollie sat by our side thruout the day. His breathing was easy, and he appreciated the pets. At 630 pm, he slipped into a coma and died peacefully with us all by his side.I am grateful he didn't suffer, and I know he knows we were with him. Nancy

Nancy I am so sorry for your loss and I know just how you feel.

Its been 9 months ago and that I lost Cricket and I still can`t talk about her with out my voice cracking and my inside in knots.

We both will get over this in time, That's what they tell me.

Thank you all. As I am a nurse, I work with patients all the time that are dying. To die with dignity, and no distress, surrounded by those that love you, is everyone's goal, how death should be.( most people don't think about it).Ryan is struggling with it the most as he is so concerned that his death was horrible!I am talking to him daily how Sunny died peacefully and surrounded by those that loved him. Nancy

Dear kins22321: I am so sorry to hear about your Sunny! :-( I am new to the Forum and when I saw your post, my heart went out to you! I am glad to hear that it was a peaceful death. So sad! But as you say, he IS now in Birdie Heaven! Flying around in paradise! God Bless!

• Haha 1

I haven't been on the forum as much lately, so I missed this post when you lost Sunny. I just want to say how sorry I am and that I know the emotions are raw, especially since it coincided with Zoey's death last year. In spite of the loss, I know the life and love shared was genuine and eternal.