NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Jester Bean

Peachaburra

This is Jester Bean, my 17 year old Citron Crested Cockatoo. He is a rescue bird, I adopted him from my friend's parrot rescue back in 2013. He had two other homes before coming to the rescue, he lived for about 5 years with a woman, and was then given to a couple. He lived with the couple for 11 years. At some point, their brother in law came to live with them, and Jester bonded to him. When the brother in law moved out, Jester was angry with the couple, and they locked him in a small wire cage with no proper toys for two years before giving him to the rescue. After being given to the rescue, he fostered with another one of my friends. When I met him at a bird club meeting, I fell in love with him. Unfortunately, he was going to be adopted by another woman. About two weeks after that, I got a message from my friend saying that his adoption had fallen through, and I would be able to adopt him. I cried tears of happiness when I found out. The next day we went out and bought a cage for him, and then that weekend we went and picked him up! After I adopted him, and after his very short honeymoon period, he became aggressive, and tried to bite and would lunge me and my family when we walked by him. I worked with him for months, and every day he started to trust and respect me more. Now, he is so much better then he was. He isn't perfect with other people, but he is good with me.

Jester is a joy! I love him, as he loves me. We work very well together. (: Jester loves to go outside, and play reverse fetch, and he makes lots of cute noises and talks a bit. He laughs at things so appropriately, sometimes even before we laugh at it! He is a fun boy!

28sx8aw.jpg

j952dh.jpg

oa2685.jpg

a9wh8g.jpg

• Haha 1

"Reverse Fetch", I love that! We play that here all the time, too. I had rescued a Citron also. What a great bird. He also seemed to know when to laugh. After helping him get over some emotional baggage, I rehomed him with a couple, and he now lives with their daughter after they got too old to stay in their home and are now in assisted living. He must be about 23 or so. And still going strong. I love the name "Jester Bean", with his jester hat-like crest.