NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Please no! Not that sound!

Greytness

Why is it that Greys get themselves fixated on the worst sounds they could ever add to their repertoire!? Maalik has now added the sound of hacking something up right before one would spit. My son always makes that sound right before he spits out his toothpaste, and now Maalik does it over and over and over...

I was on the phone yesterday when he decided to make that 'lovely' sound, to which the person on the other end said, 'Ew! What was that? Gross!'

Thanks, Maalik.

Sophie burps, farts, coughs, sneezes... any sound my human boys make, she does it better! When my boys were younger, she would also wheeze. They both have asthma, but would never tell me when they were wheezing. If Sophie was wheezing.... I knew someone was sick and didn't want to tell me. I would find the wheezer and off to the doctor! They use to get soooo mad at Sophie! Nancy

My daughter was here the other evening, and Inara "sneezed." Daughter laughed and said, "That is so your sneeze!" Just as we were giggling, Inara gave out with a great fart sound then started laughing. Daughter just cracked up and said, "*That* was SO daddy!!" A great laugh was had by all three of us, me, daughter, and Inara! She does have this loud ACK ACK ACK sound that is ear splitting. She only does this when I am walking out the door with the dog. Peeves her to be left behind!

Honest-to-goodness Brutus has never made a burping or farting noise. (I won't admit to doing either.) He doesn't swear either. He does make a police siren noise when i am leaving--like it is a real emergency in his world! I have no idea how he made the connection of outdoor police siren and emergency situation, but he did. I don't cough much, so he doesn't do that one either. He did learn Pancho's sneeze and does that on occasion. Sometimes I have to ask them, "Okay, which one of you did that?"

Alfie burps and farts courtesy of my sister (yes, really). In fact, that was her "name" for quite a while- whenever he saw her, he would make his burp and fart noises.

He also coughs, sneezes and blows his nose... or should that be blows my nose? He regularly joins in when I start coughing and sneezing. He also mimics my laugh.

Why is it that Greys get themselves fixated on the worst sounds they could ever add to their repertoire!? Maalik has now added the sound of hacking something up right before one would spit. My son always makes that sound right before he spits out his toothpaste, and now Maalik does it over and over and over...

I was on the phone yesterday when he decided to make that 'lovely' sound, to which the person on the other end said, 'Ew! What was that? Gross!'

Thanks, Maalik.

Garcia does this and it is DISGUSTING, she sounds like an old man hacking up half a lung. Also she does a Whislte that can burst your ear drums, when she wants your attention.

Edited by ShaneO

The sound that really scared me and threw me off was when in the middle of the night about 3:00 am, I sat bolt upright to the sound of my front door opening. I have alarms that made a sound when the door opens. Took me a minute to realize that it was a parrot not a door that was making all that racket and a lot longer for my heartbeat to slow down.

The sound that really scared me and threw me off was when in the middle of the night about 3:00 am, I sat bolt upright to the sound of my front door opening. I have alarms that made a sound when the door opens. Took me a minute to realize that it was a parrot not a door that was making all that racket and a lot longer for my heartbeat to slow down.

My uncle had a green parrot that would make the sound of the front door knob and squeaking hinges.

Oh yes! I'd forgotten that in my previous house Alfie learned the noise of the door being unlocked. Scared the heck out of me on more than one occasion!!