NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

It's Been A Long Time Friends.

CeasarsDad

So much to tell you all about... What's it been? Years since I visited these pages... Most of my old friends I'm sure are still here... At least I can hope so... I just went through an incredible personal loss so I'm a little fragile these days.... But that's not why I'm here right now...

Its been a while since I lost my Ceasar. Yes, most of you don't know that my Caesar flew out an open door quite sometime ago. My heartbreak was immeasurable to say the least... Yeah, I did all the usual stuff, flyers, Internet, local pet stores... Searched and searched.. He's gone.. And I want to tell someone, anyone the pain and change in my life my lost Caesar has caused me.

I guess these things happen for a reason. We shall see..

Hi old timer. Rumor was that you may have found a new girl and run off. How many years? Well, about 5. Concerning members, many aren't here anymore and many new ones have taken their places. That's what normally happens. A couple of new rooms have been added so basically the board has expanded. Too bad about Caesar. There's lots of birds out there that need owners so maybe you'll think about that. Anyway, don't be a stranger.

Such a weird coincidence - I was just going through the thread Grey-Owner-What-do-you-look-like for the first time since I've been on this forum. I specifically remember Ceaser'sDad maybe because he's the thread starter. One of the thoughts that ran through my mind was where are all these people now because nearly no one from that thread is here anymore. I wondered if it's because some have lost their Greys for whatever reason and just never came back (probably what I'd do).

I hate to hear that Ceaser has gone. I always hope they have just found another good home. Way too many people are losing their flighted Greys - it happened to us and thankfully we got her back. There are a couple others here who have lost theirs (and found them) in the time I've been here. It really sucks about Ceaser.

One other thing - when I first got here there was a lot of turmoil due to a certain 'well respected' member that is now banned. I do recall a bunch of members taking a c-ya-later because of him. Ever since he was removed this place has been pretty cool, calm and collected.

Edited by SterlingSL

There are a lot of new friends, including myself on this board. For the new folks who don't know about you and Caesar, I'd love to hear about your special guy. He was a stunning one.

Hi, thanks for the kind post. Its really good to read.. Been having a tough day. Friend request sent

We are all glad to have you back and I am so sorry for your loss of Ceasar.

I know just how you feel as I lost my loved Amazon Cricket in June of this year.

At the time I joined grey forums you were inactive, but because you were a administrator I read almost all your post and I feel that I know you.

It`s always good to see a member come back, so welcome back and it will be good to see you posting again.

Edited by Ray P

I was a newbie waiting for my first baby grey five years ago. I recall reading your posts and thought you must have gotten a job promotion or other life change that took more of your free time. As you said, Penny has done a great job as admin and surely can use your support as we all can. Love that you posted in lost and found. It's sad that you lost Caesar but a happy occasion today that you found your way back to supportive friends. New friends are a bonus benefit. Welcome back. We are here as you sort out the pain of your losses. You already have respect when you genuinely wish your ex the best life she can have even when you are surely feeling the loss. I look forward to getting to know you better through our forum. Welcome back'

Hi Ray, Wow you read all my posts. Well thanks. I hope I didn't waste much of your time.. I have had nothing but bad luck with birds. My European Starling died with a neck tumor. My Dusty Conure was killed by my dogs Rocky and Cody and Caesar Flew the coup. I think I should reevaluate owning them

Time will help you to have more understanding. Maybe she didn't have faith in herself to deserve you. She may have sabotaged herself. Regardless, my heart aches for all involved. Life is complicated and difficult in the best of times, harder during times of loss. But you know you did your best with Caesar and you had wonderful memories of your happiness with him. In time those happy moments with your lady will surface as well. I lost two baby greys in a year and felt as if I had bad luck too. Then I took in an older grey with lots of issues and three and a half years later, we are starting to see progress with her. When the time is right for you, the bad stuff will fade away and you will pick up, make changes for yourself and see a new light in your life. Hang in there to get through those hard times and know things happen for a reason and open space in your life for good changes and happy days.

Well, if it's any help (and I know it isn't haahaa), my ex-wife found out the hard way that the grass isn't greener over there. My daughter told me once her mother wished she wouldn't have (given me the boot). I lost three birds to that divorce one being a Grey that is now around 26 years old and lives with my aunt. To this day I could care less about the ex but I still care deeply for my Grey. Hopefully one day I'll get her back. There's a post here somewhere about the day I went to see her 20 years later and she still knew me.

Im Ingrained in her very soul. She might think she can forget me.. She can't. The first time she kisses another man... She won't forget me..

I'm not sure I was that much of an impression on my ex. I was just less of an asshole than the 3-4 she came across after me, including the one she married. Part of the problem was I was in the Marines, making barely above poverty level pay. She ditched me prior to my exit from Uncle Sams illegitimate service and entrance into college and a MUCH better paying civilian job. Her loss. I just want my Grey back.