NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greenwing coming in Nov or Dec

Michellec

I want to thank you all for the help you gave me over a year ago when we were getting ready to bring our CAG home. She is doing very well! Our lives are so much richer with her.

In late Nov or the first part of Dec, we will add a greenwing macaw. I am getting extensive training at the aviary when I visit him but I value the input from others who have a grey and a macaw.

I'm nervous. Really excited. He's at an aviary I volunteer at. I have watched him grow from a tiny baby and didn't think about him for our family. This last visit, I just knew he was the second bird we've been considering. (Edited to add:we had been discussing a macaw so this is not out of the blue) I've had the wonderful experience of interacting with him over several months. He's about 5-1/2 months. Thinking he will be weaned late Nov to early Dec.

Anyway, I'm hoping to hear about life with a grey and macaw.

Michelle

Edited by Michellec

So exciting! We should be getting our little Miligold Macaw around the same time that you'll be bringing home yours! He's still on 3 hand feedings a day, so it'll probably be awhile.

Congratulations! I know exactly how you're feeling right now! :-)

Congratulations to you too! I'm going to the aviary tomorrow and Saturday to work with the trainers and have time with my guy Ziggy. It's in a neighboring state.

Michelle