NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Open Air and Sunshine, Hooray!!

Luvparrots

lol does he work for cheap? I would sooooooooo love something so amazing like that. One lucky flock for sure!

John is a full-time father whose wife is a registered nurse and works nights. John is a chef who works breakfast shifts and lunch at a popular restaurant. He has a very full schedule, a active 5 year old son and two step sons one who is mentally handicapped. I consider myself very lucky that he fit my aviary in. The love of a son and loving daughter-in-law is priceless.

IMG_0069.jpg

Edited by luvparrots

...............Is there a reason he didn't put the wire all the wall to the ground? Eventually we will make a bigger aviary and I'm trying to get some ideas.

John did not continue the wiring down because I did not want neighborhood dogs or other animals to be able to get into the aviary. The sunshine comes from above not below. We have a large pitbull next door who use to come over and see my late Lily, pug. Also there is a large blond lab who lives on the side street. The aviary is very sturdy and well built. Ideal for a mama with 4 flighted parrots. I leave the house window open so my parrots can retreat into my home if they need to escape. I also have large plastic owl on the roof of my house to deter any hawks or other prey birds.

I love what you've done! I, too, would like to build an aviary off my window. Been thinking about it for quite awhile now. Unlike you, I don't have any talented family members who could help me build something like that. For now, I can only dream about having one for my fids some day.

• 3 weeks later...