NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My baby girl is here!!!

2birds

:D My baby grey girl is finally home with me. We decided to call her Poet. She's beautiful, very sweet and curious. I can't tell you how happy I am with her. It was a three hour car ride home with her and she did great. She was really interested in seeing what was going on around her and didn't seem afraid at all. She happily crunched almonds and pellets and played with some toys that her breeder sent home with her.

When we got home and in the house she became a little afraid and was growling at her cage. By this morning she was a lot better and thru out the day she has gotten pretty comfortable. She's been hanging out with me nibbling on my ear and spent time playing on her own with her toys. She isn't showing any fear on seeing the dogs either although I haven't let them close enough to overwhelm her. I think she will adjust into this household just fine.

Poet

DSC_1204.jpg

DSC_1203.jpg

DSC_1200.jpg

DSC_1204.jpg

Congratulations, she is beautiful. You and Poet are off to a good start. I love the photos. Looking at her bright eyed and alert, then scrolling as she was falling asleep, I felt like it was in motion slowly getting more droopy eyed and sleepy. It made me yawn. :-). What a beautiful beginning. It gets better from here, hard to believe, I know.

I got her flighted upon my insistence. Yesterday she went crazy flying which would be ok except that she found almost every window that wasn't covered to fly into and I was terrified that she would break her neck. I gave her a small trim and she can still fly but it's a little more effort and she just glides down. I see I missed a little piece but I'm not going to bother her more right now with it. I'm sure when she is more relaxed about being here and everything isn't so new I can let her feathers grow back and she can fly around again.

I put gel window decals on my glass and my flighted parrots never "run" into them. The Dollar Store in my area has gel decals galore. These decals go one and come off without any problems.

Great idea, You're a flight saver. I'm getting some. :D

We put colored tape across the windows which quickly solved the problem for us. Before we tried this method, our birds had hit them a few times before they determined that it's not a way out for them. They learn pretty quickly.

I'll go with the tape or decals. I don't want her to learn the hard way. She is going to be a handful. <3 and I love her already.

DSC_1209.jpg

DSC_1207.jpg

DSC_1209.jpg

Edited by 2birds

AWWWW she is a beauty!! Do you have any trouble getting her to come down from the light? I love the half asleep picture of her.

No, I just climb up there and she steps up on my hand. She's not afraid of me or anything. She just doesn't know what the rules are yet, or I don't lol.