NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Looking for reputable CAG breeder on the west coast

oneday

Hey folks! I'm trying to find a good CAG breeder here on the west coast. I've searched here and searched the web. I've come up with generic info, but nothing real solid. I'm hoping to find people here with first hand experience with a good breeder. There's a lot of CAG scams out there, which really surprised me.

I am open to breeders anywhere, but prefer west coast. I read good things about African Queen Aviaries, anyone have experience with them?

Any information is appreciated, thanks!

I don't have first hand experience with African Queen but I did put in a lot of research looking for another African species which she has. She is a very highly regarded breeder. Never found anything but good remarks about her.

Good to hear. I'm finding the same to be true. I can't really find much locally, so I have a feeling we may be venturing out to find one.

You might try finding a local bird club and asking them.

funny you mention that, I've been trying to find some. I researched a few dog breeds that way, as well as going to dog shows. Do they have similiar for birds?

Jean Pattison (African Queen Aviaries) is where I am getting my baby CAG from. I am having a good experience. She's on the up and up and knows what she is doing. I went to her for a baby because I heard good things about her and her birds as well. Also, she is experiened with shipping a bird so that is a good thing. I would think that it would be nice to see a baby that you are going to get first but sometimes that can't happen. Be careful in your search so you don't get burned and good luck.

Jean Pattison (African Queen Aviaries) is where I am getting my baby CAG from. I am having a good experience. She's on the up and up and knows what she is doing. I went to her for a baby because I heard good things about her and her birds as well. Also, she is experiened with shipping a bird so that is a good thing. I would think that it would be nice to see a baby that you are going to get first but sometimes that can't happen. Be careful in your search so you don't get burned and good luck.

That's good to hear. I've found a few local breeders but waiting to hear back on availability and hopefully meet a few.

You might try Tom & Gail Smiley in Colton, Oregon. 503-824-4059. I purchased my Congo from them about 3-4 years ago and I am quite happy with him. He is a big guy and a great talker.

Awesome! I will give them a call. Thanks!

The breeder from whom I got Maalik is located in San Diego. He's the senior bird keeper at the San Diego Zoo, and he has a ton of avian experience. His website is Rainforest Aviaries. I believe he has a few babies ATM. He ships, too!