NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Nearly 2 years later...

Chris and Matt

I KNEW she would remember you! So glad she did. I DO have my concerns for her, as you have been gone a long time. Has NOTHING to do with your parrenting, but her missing her foster family. Any plan in place to visit her, or have foster family keep in contact with her? Just some suggestions as I know you love your bird, and want the best for her during this transition. Nancy

• 2 months later...

I nervously made the drive from Tucson to San Diego yesterday. I spent the night with a friend and picked Maggie and her cage up this morning. The woman who has been watching her for the last year shed a tear or two, I nearly did as well. Maggie was an excellent road trip companion and it wasn't long into the drive before I knew, without a doubt, that she remembered. I swear I drove all 6 hours with a smile on my face! I got her home and got her cage set up and she's been contently watching us for the last several hours. We're giving her some space and some time to get adjusted and talking to her just like we used to. I checked on her earlier and she let me scratch her head and everything. I need to clean her cage, replace her perches, get her new toys into her cage, etc, etc but it'll be a long, slow, drawn out process so she doesn't get too stressed. Her plucked patch seems to have healed up as well! So much good news all around. I'm so glad that she was SO loved while we were out of the country but I am so very happy to have her home to love on myself! Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and I'm looking forward to being active on the forums again (even if it was mostly lurking). I'm already itching to break out the toy supplies ;)

• Haha 1

I nervously made the drive from Tucson to San Diego yesterday. I spent the night with a friend and picked Maggie and her cage up this morning. The woman who has been watching her for the last year shed a tear or two, I nearly did as well. Maggie was an excellent road trip companion and it wasn't long into the drive before I knew, without a doubt, that she remembered. I swear I drove all 6 hours with a smile on my face! I got her home and got her cage set up and she's been contently watching us for the last several hours. We're giving her some space and some time to get adjusted and talking to her just like we used to. I checked on her earlier and she let me scratch her head and everything. I need to clean her cage, replace her perches, get her new toys into her cage, etc, etc but it'll be a long, slow, drawn out process so she doesn't get too stressed. Her plucked patch seems to have healed up as well! So much good news all around. I'm so glad that she was SO loved while we were out of the country but I am so very happy to have her home to love on myself! Thank you everyone for the encouraging words and I'm looking forward to being active on the forums again (even if it was mostly lurking). I'm already itching to break out the toy supplies ;)

Congratulations!! I am so glad your reunion with Maggie went so well!

This is a thread to watch and learn from your reunion with Maggie. I am cheering you on from afar. That smile on your face sent sunshine all the way to Georgia. Best of luck for a smooth transition. I am also sending happiness and prayers for her foster family. I am sure they learned a lot and good things will come to them in happy memories of her time in their home.

Sooo happy for you guys! Just my suggestions... three new toys only, and SKYPE with foster family weekly! Ask them if they are willing to be an " extension of your family." It can make all the difference! Sophie loves Ryan my oldest the best, and has skyped with him for two years! Their relationship remains strong. Nancy