NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Adopted Baby

carolz7

We are getting along so good. Rosalita is 32 years old. When she came to me the lady used a stick to get her in and out of the cage. I did that for a couple of days just to realize she is most lovable, adorable bird ever. She was only reaching to your hand with her beak to stabilize herself. This is week 3 now and i am so very happy with my old girl. Never thought i could take in someone else's bird. You would never know her age unless you were told. So remember although babies are fun, there are sooo many unwanted birds out there that need a home and will make fabulous pets

2014-02-21 18.04.11.jpg

Rosalita is beautiful! She apparently has landed in just the right place. Way back when, my Amazon, Elliot, came to live with me -- a loooooong story that I won't go into here. Suffice it to say that he was a complete mess. He was wild caught, had been badly mishandled, and was absolutely terrified of cages and hands. So the first thing I did was make him a huge perch from a branch I cut from one of my trees and set into an old coffee table. He could perch high above everyone/everything and climb around to his heart's content. For the two decades I had him, he never ever would come to my hand, and always preferred to step onto a small branch that I would hold out for him. Once upon it, though, he would climb from it, up my arm and onto my shoulder where he was a complete love bug. Your Rosalita sounds like a real sweetheart and I can't wait to hear more about your adventures together.

There is always a special place in my heart for anyone who takes in a bird in need of a good home, especially an older bird, and/or a bird with a checkered and difficult past.