NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Please help! My grey has salmonella!!

Lamya

I am so sorry for your loss, even though you only had him a short time you came to know how they capture our hearts so easily, comfort yourself with the knowledge that you did all you could and he knew how much you loved him, one month in your life but forever in your heart.

Dear Lamya, my heart breaks for you this morning. The more a companion or friend enriches our lives, the harder this type of sadness is to bear. You loved your baby so deeply, and that love was reciprocated. The deep, deep bonds that we develop with our birds are indescribable to people who have never experienced them. All those here understand that while your time together was short, your bond was for his lifetime, and that bond is eternal. You accepted the stewardship of his little life, and you did a wonderful job of caring for him. We all understand, but cannot truly know your own, personal heartache. Though, through understanding the depth of your bond and the magnitude of your loss, we join you in your sadness.

Edited by Inara