NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

If you could get any bird you wanted, what would it be?

Talon

What bird is on your Wish List? You know, the one bird you will probably only dream of ?

I know I am at my limit on birds, and because of Nilah,(my amazon) and her attachment to me, I will probably never get another bird, she would be too demanding and not allow me to give the attention needed for another.

But if I could get another it would be an Indian Red Neck! I just love their look and the sound of their voices. They are so adorable and I would LOVE one!!

I have always thought about a Hyacinth Macaw as well. They are so beautiful. That said, I will probably never have one even if I could afford it. I'm also attracted to Mynahs, but I'm not sure I would have the time or energy to devote to their meal prep and the cleanup required. In reality, if I get another bird it will probably be an Amazon.

If it were a perfect world and Miss Gilbert agreed... I would get another grey. I have eyes for no one else. However, back home in PA/NY there is a restaurant and maple sugar farm where they have two Indian Ring Necks. Every time I go, I stop and talk to them. The sister (?) of the owner asked me last time if I wanted them. I'm pretty sure she was serious as everyone has heard of Miss Gilbert in our small hometown. The unvarnished truth is I fall in love with every parrot I meet and want to take them home with me.

I would get the bird that talks, is not too loud, not too destructive, never plucks or mutilates, loves to cuddle, doesn't make messes, politely waits until 8am to give the human a wake up call, doesn't draw blood, is not a picky eater, and loves everyone!

Wishful thinking right!

I would get the bird that talks, is not too loud, not too destructive, never plucks or mutilates, loves to cuddle, doesn't make messes, politely waits until 8am to give the human a wake up call, doesn't draw blood, is not a picky eater, and loves everyone!

Well you are in luck! Your dream bird is sold at Wal Greens for $9.99, it's called Polly Parrot! Hahaha lol

Hands down my dream bird is Hyacinth Macaw! And there is also a Hawk Head that i go visit a few times a month that i am in love with but...Hubby would KILL me! He also wants a Hyacinth though, so if one comes around he would just give me the stink eye for a moment then be as excited as a two year old.

Well you are in luck! Your dream bird is sold at Wal Greens for $9.99, it's called Polly Parrot! Hahaha lol

Hands down my dream bird is Hyacinth Macaw! And there is also a Hawk Head that i go visit a few times a month that i am in love with but...Hubby would KILL me! He also wants a Hyacinth though, so if one comes around he would just give me the stink eye for a moment then be as excited as a two year old.

A Hawk head you say? Where? Please pass along my number to him would you ;) (I'm only half kidding - please stop me).

I willl get a picture of her. The woman we got Lily from (breeder), had every bird you could think of. The hawk head is her baby and selling her is not in the picture right now. She had 2 Hyacinth that she bred, but she sold them to cut back on the abundance of birds she has. They had 2 baby's right before she sold them though and they went for $10,000.00 each so i don't see that in our big picture either! The majority of her birds now are just surrenders that she takes in, Lily being on of them. A fellow breeder friend of hers passed away and she got her birds also so the numbers were out of controll. She sold over 300 birds just to fit them in her home. She keeps adding mobile homes to her house and the birds live in those, they are connected to her house, lol. We add on rooms, she adds on actual homes! lol

Gosh, I honestly don't know. I have always loved the raptors also. I adored my 'zon and my CAG (RIP). There are so many beautiful birds. I'd be happy sharing my life with a raven, really. So I guess it would depend upon *the* bird itself. Personality, intelligence, and just overall chemistry with it. Greys, however have been at the top of my list forever, and still are second only to pterodactyls. :)

Major Mitchells for their beauty and independence, Rose Breasted for the soft cuddles, Palm cockatoos for the gentle bell like tones rather than the Too screams, Pionus for the quiet play and Caiques for the fun and exuberent gymnastics, I could go on. Have met Hawk heads-just beautiful but kind of unstable personalities, love the Alexandrines, Peacocks, Pheasants horses, Chickens and the rest of the Ark.

As with everyone else I have more than one 'dream' bird. Although my Grey was one of those at one time.

I also want a Hyacinth and a Rose-breasted. I have held both and just fell in love.

But, I would not, at my age, take on another bird. It wouldn't be fair to them or my daughter and granddaughter.

My daughter told me that I could not have a bigger bird - Peanut's poop was big enough!! LOL