NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Meet Greycie's new brother

SRSeedBurners

Toby

He's around 6mos old. We had him DNA'd but definitely wasted our money there...we knew it would come back "HE'S ALL BOY". Greycie is not to thrilled with him at the moment but they're slowly getting better. We picked him up almost 1 month ago, kept him for two weeks, then returned him to the breeder on an arrangement to board him while we went on vacation. She was really attached to him because apparently "he's a real sweety". I'm guessing based on her knowledge and experience with Caiques that this little guy is kinda special. I'm not letting my guard down though...I fully expect a little feather-pants monster to emerge at some point.

Greycie tried exerting herself with him but he's fearless and stands his ground. With his strong little legs he doesn't let go of his perch easily so she's having a hard time flopping him to the ground like she used to do with Raven - until we put a stop to that. Now she's the one hitting the deck, except she can fly so she doesn't actually hit the deck. But he's winning these little attacks.

He loves to sit on shoulders and gently nibble ear lobes, or in the case with my wife, wind himself up in her hair. He's a real chatter-box. Does a lot of cute whistles. Greycie has picked up nearly everything he does including the annoying Caique alarm call. He much prefers to be hauled around with you and sit on your hand rather than be perched. He's clipped unfortunately but I believe he had learned to fly as he attempts to launch himself but then flutters to the ground. We'll let his feathers grow out. Greycie's turkey is cooked when that happens ;)

We still miss our Raven dearly but are already falling head over heels with this little guy. We're still getting another Jardine's but with Greycie, Toby and the Jardine's eventually, we'll be at our limit of three.

Toby.jpg

What a beautiful expressive little face. Toby is the perfect addition to your family. That is just an adorable picture with the popcorn beak. I hope since he is still a baby and Greycie is also young that they will become lifetime friends. I have never seen a caique in person, thanks for sharing your picture, it is just delightful.

• 1 month later...

What a cutie he is, I was tempted at one time to get one but my serious side took over and I came to my senses, I have been tempted by several different species of parrots, caique, indian ringneck, rose breasted cockatoo to name a few but I realize my limit is 3. He is going to be such fun to have around and I am looking forward to hearing the stories you are gonna have to tell us about.

• 6 months later...
Inara - let me help a little:

He's sweet, he has an Elvis haircut and he loves his little cheekys scritched.

[ATTACH]24641[/ATTACH]

Good lord -- could he possibly be any cuter??! Tell me more about his personality please, (do I dare listen??!!) :D

Well, he's a lover and a fighter. He stands 10 feet tall and is bullet proof and has a boogey-woogey move that will knock the ladies off their feet. He uses it on me too but I'm oblivious to his advances. He saves the good stuff for my wife - his sweet puddin tops. He's a bit of a Jeckyll & Hyde which Caiques are famous for.

When he's in the right mood he's an absolute doll. He loves to lay in my hand and play wrestle and he does this little gurgle that is so cute. Flip side, when he's grouchy he's a testy lil fella.

Our biggest problem right now is we have a new baby in the house and he's turned into a demon-shit hell bent on beating the feathers out of the new baby until he's stamped his authorita on him. We're trying to figure that one out right now!

I can get some video of his cute side if you need a push :)

video you say? I don't know if I could stand the cuteness!!! :D He sounds like a lot of the guys I used to date in my wild years, lolz. Hey where are the new baby piccies, did I miss them or have I forgotten that I saw them --- the danger of being blonde *and* aged.

I haven't made a post about the new baby yet. I'll put something in the other birds section when I get some good pics. We just settled on a name for the little guy last night. He's still in the phase where he's not too sure why his whole world has just been uprooted.