NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What makes you smile?

Laurie

So, I'm driving to work today, half asleep, in the dark and a song by U2 came on and I found myself smiling. In such an unlikely scenario for a smile.

That got me thinking about all that remains good in life despite the bad.

I thought it would be nice to share the little everyday stuff that makes us happy (besides our birds)...

I find myself smiling more now then I did when I was young. I have alot of memories associated with songs, so listening to the radio can usually always bring a smile to my face.

The grandchildren give me my greatest joy and laughter...just because!

And the thought of snow...I'm smiling now just thinking of it!

Valerie

#1. Watching my kids sleep...I think I'll periodically sneak into their rooms until the day they move out!

#2. My daughter (9) asking how old she has to be to volunteer at MAARS (the Midwest Avian Adoption and Rescue Services) or the Humane Society. How great is that!

#3. I agree with Nevval...I love fresh snow when it covers every little twig on the trees...so peaceful. (particularly when I'm inside watching it drinking a hot chocolate with just a smidgen of butterscotch schnapps).

#4. Climbing into my own bed after being away from home for a few days.

#5. Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs...the only reason for having cable tv!

Lisa

OMG Lisa... I am in love with Mike Rowe!!! (sorry Andrew)!! Mike definitely makes me smile ;)

Makena makes me smile... they way he looks at me and all his cute noises :) Every time I look at him, I find myself smiling.

My fiance makes me smile... but there are too many reasons why to list!

Any Dave Matthews song makes me smile!!

And last but not least.... my friends. Every time I am with a friend (or chatting with one online) there are plenty of smiles involved :)

Getting home, after spending most if not all the week in San Jose at my Company office.

Seeing Dayo, Jake and my Dobermans in the morning.

Seeing Kim :-)

Grandchildren

A beautiful Sunrise or Sunset

The Stars on a moonless night

A kind act by another

The members on this forum

enough for today :-).........

I laugh so hard when I see what goes on in the evenings on the IM here at the forum. I love when Penny seems lost on what’s going on, and here OMG's.

Judy (Keys) with her famous one-liners, straight to the point, and her and Penny going at it with each other.

CD (The Boss) wants to control the others and sometimes he gets bomb-barded with all the girls, but even though he types fast he’s over matched.

Kristin is Kristin (Tin), and she get here word in when ever she wants to, such a fast mind and some of the funniest comments ever; she is soooooo sweet and then becomes a beast when she has to.

Andrew (Big A) with his short, but sweet, dry sense of humor lines, and when A and Tin get into it, and she shuts him down, it’s so GREAT how they are.

Dave will come in when you least expect it, with his strange sense of humor, and timing. Oh! His timing is like all great comics have, but his knowledge is vast on the subjects we love, AG’s. So you have to wonder and Think when he speaks, because his he serious or jut being funny.

Val (My daughter) is getting caught up in the mix with the others, with her laughing while typing with the others.

Now me. (2fingers) When everyone is on, I can’t keep up with them, because by time I finish typing, my words don’t seem to count, because they are way past me, so most of the times I just sit back and enjoy the show, with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Special thanks to all who jump in for a moment, or for a while. Some feel lost, but others fit into the madness very well. And when Tracy is around, a great mixer with all of us.

NOTE: All comments made by me here is all in fun.

Thanks to all

Joe

{Feel-good-000200BB}<br><br>Post edited by: nevjoe, at: 2007/10/24 16:10

I know a few of you have said this, but my little man (Radar) always makes me smile. Of course by big man makes me smile too. He's just not quite as funny as Radar.

Thanks Makena!

And kudos (and Karma, of course!) to you Toni for taking some credit for your kids doing well. My mother has always wanted to assume blame for leaving us home alone when we were teenagers (apparently directly causing us to make all sorts of bad decisions in early adulthood), but says we're now successful "despite" her. Crazy.

Lisa

The thing (or creature) that makes me smile most is Harrison for sure. Even just talking about her makes me smile. Then there's music...70's music and Olivia Newton-John music...especially when I hear it on a radio station...for some reason, when I know other people in other cars/homes are listening to the same thing, it makes me smile...lol...I know, I'm a nut ;)