NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I got him I got him

Parrot Lady

we decided to name him Shamrock and he is really sweet but he is a baby and his personality may change, I know he won't be as cuddly as he is now when he grows up Eckies are not cuddly birds so I'am taking advantage of all the cuddles I can get from him lol aww that's nice Judy you and Shamrock have the same b-day :) he will be sweet and playful but not a real cuddler I will post updates as we go along

• Haha 1

My neighbor has an older male ekkie. He is a re-home but is at least 10 years old. Sully is a sweetheart and is such a gentle guy that he goes out with his owner to street fairs and visiting. He is a great shoulder bird for his 6'5" male owner.

Shamrock is a great name for your handsome guy!

... I know he won't be as cuddly as he is now when he grows up Eckies are not cuddly birds so I'am taking advantage of all the cuddles I can get from him

I rescued my ekkie at about a year old & she was up for a cuddle any time then. Although that may certainly have had to do w/how happy she was to be in a different environment. But it didn't slow down until she started to get more hormonal in her third year. Even though she's all grown up now, she's still fairly big on cuddling.

Even when Kura's not in the mood, she'll still go for kisses & beak rubs almost any time. She loves to plant her face in my cheek, close her eyes & just sit like that for a while. She also loves to "hold hands" which reminds me so much of the way an infant will wrap their tiny fist around your finger. That always gives me the warm fuzzies, too. :) For the most part, she's a very sweet natured bird.

Edited by birdhouse