NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Help please

Toran

My name is Christina I have an Indian ringneck Toran told me to come here for help but I can register. My little boy Izzet is just now 6 months old and is already molting he has been for about two weeks now and it looks like he has started to pluck a little on his belly. Could this be because hes molting or do you guys thinks its gonna turn into a problem I need to look into. Help me please

Anytime a bird plucks, first thing is to get them into an avian vet as soon as you can to rule out any medical issue. Then you will know which way to proceed with the issue. Speaking from experience from own guy who plucks at his belly, he has cysts that form and block his vent so he has trouble pooping. When he gets one, he starts plucking his belly because to him his belly hurts from it. Now, in no way am i saying your baby is ill but it is best to know for sure. Aloe can help if it is just itchy skin from new feathers coming in, that can be found at WalMart in the pharmacy dept. It is a gallon jug for around $7.

Plucking is such a hard thing to watch but best advice i could give you is first vet, then take the steps needed but don't over act over it in front of your baby, they sometimes will learn that gets them attention and it could become a learned habit. Best wishes and please keep us updated!