NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Major mitchells

Dave007

This is a pair of Major Mitchells (AKA--Ledbetters).

These are the seond most expensive cockatoos that exist.--$3000 t0 $4000 per bird.

These cockatoos are the most aggressive of all cockatoos.

They don't do well as pets because of the climate they live in.----40 to 55 degrees

Enjoy the photo.

MajorMitchels.jpg

Edited by Dave007

I love them my dream bird an independant sort, but Black Palm Cockatoos are more expensive and quieter. I know a lady that has both species she has 2 Major Mitchells and she has 2 Black Palms she enjoys the MM2's for their beauty and the female enjoys people on her own terms the male would rather just be a bird. oF The BP2'S the female she got after it was weaned and the male she has had for a while and is an older bird she re homed. Both the palm 2's are very good human interactive birds-love those macadamia nuts and enjoy all their toys. By the way she says the BP2's sound like bells and talk about a BIG beak, wow.

Palm Cockatoo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsdZsjn_4Qxicl6_o1ZAYH4gYN62ajKpyuUd9nStuIOoOp3uExEw

$ 15,999.00 to 20,000.00

Edited by Greywings

Those are beautiful birds but not for me, toos are just not my thing so I will admire them from pictures of if I get the chance to see one in person. They hyacinth macaw is probably the most expensive, there is a breeder in our state that deals with those and a member of our bird club has one that she rehomed and he is about 75+ years old.

They do just fine at our temperature comfort range. Many Zoo's keep them outside year round even in very warm climates and they do well. They live in wooded or forested areas through out much of Australia with temperature ranges from the 90 F 33 C to the low 40's F over their range. "The Southern NSW Mallee Important Bird Area comprises an irregularly shaped 8232 km2 tract of land in south-western New South Wales, Australia. It is roughly bounded by the Murray River in the south, the Darling River in the west, and the Willandra Lakes in the north. It lies north-west of the town of Balranald, north of Robinvale and east of Mildura. The exact boundaries of the Important Bird Area (IBA) are defined by the presence of remnant mallee woodland and shrubland habitat, excluding areas that have been cleared or support other plant communities. The landscape is mainly mallee on flat or undulating sand plains, much of which is used for grazing. The climate is semi-arid; temperatures range from a mean maximum in January of 33°C to a July minimum of 4.5°C; mean annual rainfall is about 280 mm. The site includes several small reserves as well as Mallee Cliffs National Park and part of Mungo National Park.[1] "

I love cockatoos. They are so beautiful and full of personality. I am pretty sure I will never share my life with one, so I appreciate the posts and pics from people who know about them. To be honest, I think Gracie is my "dream bird" and we will go into our dotage together without any other fids. Even though I might toy with the idea of adding another bird, Gracie has sort of a Queen Bee personality and there is only room for one Queen at the palace. Remember what happened to Mary Queen of Scots when she crossed paths with Elizabeth I !

I did not mean anything mean about cockatoo's. I have had them and even although i too believe there beauty and personalities are amazing it is just not a good fit for me. I absolutely love macaws and greys and amazons. They are very beautiful birds

• 1 year later...