NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another Too?

kave70

Not sure if anyone has experience with this situation. We currently have Sam (CAG) and Filbert (RB2). Sam was a rescue and has come so far. We are so proud of him!

An older woman lost her home due to Hurricane Sandy, and has decided not to rebuild, but is moving into a condo. She has an 16 year old U2 that needs to be rehomed. She has asked us if we would adopt him.

We came up with all the Green Lights and Red Lights and it seemed that the Green Lights far surpassed the negatives. I work from home, we have the room, we live in the country where there are no neighbors to get annoyed with the bird noise, etc.

I was asking the advice of a bird store owner and she said that bringing a U2 into the flock would be a mistake. That Filbetr (my RB2) would learn octaves and noises I never knew possible. That he would be very jealous and the needy Too behaviors would emerge. Currently, Filbert is super independent and loads of fun. He's in no way a velcro bird. He loves to be busy and is only loud in the morning and night. Sam (CAG) loves to be crazy in the morning too. He's funny, attacking his toy, hanging upside down, quite happy.

Does anyone have a flock with multiple Toos? Any thoughts?

Karen

Jay asked me to respond...we are at the doctor's office right now so it will be a little bit longer before we can answer. He did say to tell you we have a multiple flock and BS. He will be going into more details as soon as we can after we are done...Maggie

Lol what I wanted to say was B.S., if you want this "TOO, get it, you nor a pet store person knows how things will work out, We have two different kinds of "TOO's, plus a multitude of other birds, we've had 5 different kinds of "TOO's in the house plus other parrots at the same time, 90% of the time it's what you make of it...You decide if you want this other bird....Your the one who has to live with them, not a pet store employee..[You can do it]