NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Insight on why your Grey acts as it does

danmcq

One thing that hasn't been brouth up------Jealousy and Possessiveness----Picture may look funny but the bird on the left was dead serious that day.

You know Dave, it is my belief that adult greys are Curmudgeons, just like you, me and Jay. :P

You know Dave, it is my belief that adult greys are Curmudgeons, just like you, me and Jay. :P

cur·mudg·eon

[ kur mújjən ]

• somebody who is irritable or stubborn: somebody considered to be bad-tempered, disagreeable, or stubborn

Synonyms: bad-tempered, crabby, cantankerous, grouchy, grumpy, cranky, irritable, tetchy, testy, grumbly, irascible, peevish, moody

Jeez Dan

Is there anything else that you could have thought of as far as a description. People are gonna read this and might actually get the wrong opinion concerning my sweet, loving, caring, attractive, wonderful, consiterate, congenial personality. Heaven forbid.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Every time I handle Cosmo, he'll lower his wings and head, exposing his back. I'll then stroke it gently with my other hand as well kiss his back. I think this is a sign of trust and affection on his part. Am I correct? I included a picture of him doing this.

053.jpg

Hi all,

Every time I handle Cosmo, he'll lower his wings and head, exposing his back. I'll then stroke it gently with my other hand as well kiss his back. I think this is a sign of trust and affection on his part. Am I correct? I included a picture of him doing this.

[ATTACH]24158[/ATTACH]

That is mating behavior. I would not advise you stroke Cosmos back and encourage it. It could lead to frustration on Cosmos part and some serious bites on yours. :)

I'll add to what Dan said. Greys love having that done to them. If your bird is an adolescnt or adult and you do that under the wings, lower breast area and vent area, your bird will eventually bite you after you decide to stop. You may wanna stop but that doesn't mean that the bird wants you to stop and many times a bird will bite because of sexual excitement. That pic definitely shows your bird sexually stimulated. Thats the same exact position that mating birds will get into, male or female.

The biting won't happen every time but the biting will happen when you least expect it. Hormonal time of the year? Heavy molting time? Etc.

Edited by Dave007
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...