NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pete went to Parakeet Heaven today :(

hammco

Well, the past 2 weeks Pete has been hanging out on the floor of the cage most of the time. He has been eating and drinking but was weak, too weak to climb the past 2 days...today around lunchtime he traded his feathered wings for angel wings...

I got him for my little boy and as much as I hate to see my son sad and Pete gone I am glad that my son got to go thru the whole "death" situation. Death is part of life and my boy got to bury Pete in a spot he picked out in the yard for him, we even made a little cross and stuck in the ground.

Pete has had crop problems for 3 years and it was time to go.......

RIP Pete

01/16/2013

So sorry for your son's loss of Pete and allowing him to go thru the whole process of death and its consequences is showing him the truth of it all, death is a part of life and sadly we will see the passing of a lot of our pets, it helps to deal with it all, hopefully he will get the opportunity to love another bird.

It is kind and sensitive to provide Pete a burial ceremony with your son. You are a good leader to help him sort out his feelings about it and to have respect for the life Pete had with your family. I am sorry for the loss, even the tiniest soul among us has a mighty impact.