NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New toy is a hit!

Timbersmom

I'll try to get a pic of him actually using it. Every time I approach with the camera though Timber goes into "frozen bird" status so we'll see! I didn't really know if he would like it or not. I have a lot of toys I bought in the "no go" box already. I was really surprised at the way he took to it. Different strokes indeed! Kave, several reviewers had the same reaction as Sam.

Glad the toy is a hit and not viewed as a "potential parrot killing device". Here's a tip for getting a fid used to a camera. Buy a cheap tripod and leave it up all the time. Move it around from time to time, turn it on & off, until the sight and the sound of it becomes background noise. Then we can get to see what you're seeing!

Many greys are camera shy especially if we are holding and pointing it at them. Thus when I record dayo, I place the camera on the counter and zoom in on him, then hit the record button and walk away.

I keep having to remind myself to see if day would like one of those toys. I look forward to seeing a photo or link to it. :)

• 4 weeks later...