NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update ---swansons red palm oil

Dave007

For the last 8 mts it's been difficult to get the palm oil from Swansons. They keep saying that they haven't received any from the manufacturer so

Type in Amazom.com. On main page type Red Palm Oil and the first picture you'll see is a bottle of Red Palm Oil that's 33 ozs and costs $11.95. The price is great and the oil is pure.

PS--Swansons was charging $7.49 for a 16oz container

Edited by Dave007

• 4 weeks later...

Harrison's Pet Product has product made from Red Palm Oil that are really good for not only birds, but any animal. I use it often and I think it has helped a few of my animals out of sicknesses. Try their Booster or SunShine Factor. Some Red Palm Oil is actually bad for birds, Harrison's explains how theirs differs from that. So be careful when using it.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
Price is now $37.00

That was hard to believe so I went to the Swansons and it's still the same price as before----$8.49

The only problem is it's still unavailable. If you need some just check out what I posted about getting it from Amazon--They have really good deals. The price is right.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=red+palm+oil&sprefix=red+palm%2Caps%2C644

Edited by Dave007

The price has gone up drastically on Amazon. Reading the comments, it appears to have gone up because Dr. Oz has mentioned it on his show, so it's going to be the fad health thing for a bit.

Just to help you out about Amazon red oil------carefully read the amounts of oil in each container.

The first one is $22 for 67 ounces. That means $ 11.00 per bottle. The usual amount sold from Swansons was 16 oz for $8.49

They have another one that costs $125.00 but that applies to a 12 pk

Like I said read the amounts in the bottles before judging the price. By the way, in the upper right hand corner of their page, you'll see that the prices apply to year 2013.

The one thing about buying from Amazon is that you'll see the same product ( including brand name---same amount/ size) for different prices. This applies to many other products that have nothing to do with oil. Last week, I needed an aquatic submersible heater for my 55 gal fish tank. I looked them up and saw the exact same item ( including brand name) and I saw a huge difference between companies. I had to search until I found one that had the right wattage. I needed a strong one because the tank is large. The price was absolutely great.

Price---14.75 --Second price--27.00---Third price--43.00 --Fourth price---51.00. All the same item, all the same brand name, all the same wattage

I hope this picture posts here but if it doesn't, just go back there and look through their whole list of oil.

51Mw5zF3-dL._AA160_.jpg

Omni 100% Pure Unrefined Red Palm Oil 1 Gallon by OMNI

Edited by Dave007

Dave, he is some TV doctor (not sure what kind) that is always starting new fads. Just another quack in my book and I've never seen him myself, but many follow him and he is on tv, magazine, books etc.

Well, let me thank you for telling me. Like I said, I never heard of or seen him. Maybe a reality show??

what did you buy and how much was it?

First I went to Amazon.com and typed in red palm oil and many pics showed up. The top one says 33 ounces--------$14.98

It's one ounce more than Swansons sold. They sold 16 ounces for $8.49

I got the top one. It looks like this.

41XJoYqSPnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Click for larger image and other views

41XJoYqSPnL._SL75_AA30_.jpg

Share your own related images

Red Palm Oil (100% Pure) - 33.81 Oz.

by Omni

3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (30 customer reviews) | Like 1357666230 false -1 42 42 41 (42)

Price:$14.98 Deal Price: o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks.

Ships from and sold by SimplyBeautiful

Edited by Dave007

Dave I got that exact same bottle locally at one of our Indian grocery stores for 7.99. Love shopping in those Chinese, Viet Namese and Indian shops for dried unsweetened coconut products, dried lentils rice & beans as well as many fun things for snacking or trying.