NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Xandir update

Kimijean

First I want to say that I never take my birds outside unless in a carrier. Xandir is harness/leash trained but I don’t have one yet. He got out when he crashed into a window screen and the screen popped out.

As you know a friend and I have been posting fliers. Well, for some stupid reason I didn’t even think to post any on my own street. I live on a long dead end so yesterday morning before work I put 2 at the beginning of my street. One on each side so you could see one or the other depending on if you were making a right or left turn onto the street.

This morning just after leaving for work (I got about 5 or 6 blocks) my cell phone rang. It was a local number so I answered it even though I was driving. It was a young boy and he asked if I lost a gray bird with a red tail because they have him. It turned out they live on my street just about 2 ½ blocks down.

I turned around and headed to their house. As I made the right turn onto my street I noticed the flier on the fence was gone. So it seems that if I had posted fliers on my street to begin with I might have had him home sooner. But I was so happy to see him I didn’t think to ask how long they had him. They did, however, have him long enough to have bought a bag of bird seed for AG”s.

I told the kids (2 boys and a girl) that I would give them a cash reward for finding and taking care of Xandir for me. So when I do that I’ll ask how long the had him.

When I got home from work Xandir wouldn’t stop begging to be fed. I don’t doubt that he was hungry but I figured more than that he needed to feel safe and to know he would be taken care of. So even though he shouldn’t have formula (because of the vitamin D overdose) I fed him all he wanted. He was so tired that once he was full and content he couldn’t keep his eyes open.

Kim

That is amazing that he was so close to you all the time and he probably would have been home a lot sooner if you had just posted a sign on your own street but the important thing is he is home safe and sound, at least he was found by someone who took good care of him and let you know they had him, yes by all means give those kids as much of a reward as you can afford for they deserve it, good honest kids.

Thank you everyone. :)

He has a few marks/scratches on his beak and his tail feathers are a bit beat up, but he's doing great. Eating, pooping, playing...... The tail feathers might be because they had him in a really small cage, I'm sure it's all they had. :)

On a couple of yahoo email groups it was mentioned that I should take him to the vet because of what he may have been exposed to, even just parasites, I'm glad they said something because I don't think I would have thought of it. So he will be going to the vet.

Kim

Very glad to hear that Xandir is home. It's always heart wrenching to hear these stories, and I felt especially bad for you being that he is so young, AND you are local to me. Glad that he is back with his momma!

It seems that Xandir wants to write his life story to be filled with adventure. He will start with "You are never going to believe this one..." The whole time he was probably whooping it up and enjoying his new found friends. It is so good to know he is home with you. Reuniting had to be the sweetest bliss. I know it was for me just to read that you found him. That had to have been multiplied exponentially for you. What a relief.