NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

pic of my senegal, Merlin

carlsjr

he is a great little bird, we are his third home and really enjoy him. he does not fly, his wings are not clipped so i dont know why he does not fly. so we take him to the store, post office and outside on our shoulder.

DSCN0364.jpg

DSCN1736.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

Edited by carlsjr

Merlin is a beautiful little senegal. I have never had the pleasure of seeing one in person. Java, our little red-bellied parrot is a relative of Merlin. From the neck up, he looks like her except her eyes are more red. Merlin came to a good home and he knows it. I just can't stop coming back to look at Merlin's bright colors, he is a special little friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Merlin is a handsome little fella and thats great you take him with you on errands but I must ask if you do so with him in a carrier or in a harness for if you do not then you are playing with fire for he may choose not to fly but if something startles him he might surprise you and fly away, just my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

he stays in the car i dont take him inside any public buildings, when we go to the post office to check mail i put him on the steering wheel while i run in. my town is a small farming community, my windows are tinted really dark and i lock my car. I never have him and my Congo out at the same time. I dont want to take the chance of little merlin getting hurt by my congo.

He is bonded to my wife, he will allow me to take him out of his cage and he will ride on my shoulder. but he will not let me touch him or hold him.

he is 25 and has never ever flown.