NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dexter's Home

Hi People,

Hope all of you are Greyt

After a lot of contemplation, reading through forums, talking to people & a lot of helpful advice from this forum I finally decided to commit myself to owning a CAG & providing the care & nurturing they need. To be honest, I was a little doubtful if I was going to be able to take care of a CAG but after a few visits to pet store around here & after seeing & hearing about the way some people handle the birds here in Dubai, I realised that a bird had a better chance of having a happy & fruitful life with me than at one of these pet stores, living in a small cage with only sunflower seeds to eat n water to drink.

So without any further ado..Please meet Dexter...My 6 month old CAG..

It was love at first sight with Dexter, who seemed friendly n looked healthy as well. I couldn't bear to see him in a little cage with no space to flap his wings n I brought him home immediately.

Its been two weeks since I got him & I've been spending all my free time with him hence its taken me so long to even log in & post some pics of him.

He seems to be a happy camper & has adjusted to me & my wife pretty well. I am amazed by how smart he is. On day one he only growled n made a soft birdie noise. Today, just two weeks in, he makes a variety of sounds & noises & also attempts to say words. He isnt able to pronounce anything clearly yet but I am sure he will start soon. He's already learnt how to step up & gladly jumps on to my hand at times even if I dont ask him to step up. His favourite perch though seems to be my shoulder n loves to sit n nibble my ears while I am working on the computer or reading.

Let me end by telling all of you, its such a joy to have him with us & we have had to make adjustments to our life & schedules but it is so worth it...I know its only been two weeks & a CAG is a lifetime commitment but I am sure we will be greyt parents to our sweetheart Dexter.

007.jpg

005.jpg

What a great introduction to Dexter. It takes a special home to appreciate the joys of grey companionship. Your life will change for the better with your commitment to him and your joy will become greater than your expectations. He is a lucky boy to have come home to your care. Thanks for joining us.