NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Soon to be mom of a BHC!

DawnMM

Yay! I'm so glad that the sub rooms are open now.

Here is a pic of my soon-to-be Fid. I don't know which one yet, but hopefully will know in a week or so. The baby should be coming home the end of June or the beginning of July...as long as weaning goes as planned.

We are thinking Kahuna if it's a boy, and Kekoa for a girl. Or if I get really lucky and my hubby lets me get both of them....LOL

IMG_0590.jpg

And they are even cuter in person! LOL

I keep asking if we can get both, but I keep getting a big fat no. LOL Honestly, I think we could only get them if the breeder did a major discount for us. BHC are not as expensive as WBC, but still expensive nonetheless. And my hubby just got his new to him motorcycle, so we are down some cash. ;)

• 1 month later...

I will be bringing home my new baby!

I have been working diligently making new toys and play areas for the new baby.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow. I have no idea if I'm bringing home the boy or girl. Both of them are just awesome. I guess we'll see.

Oh fun! Let us know how it goes today!

When I went to Scott's to get Amali, I went in the same way you are - not knowing who was coming home with me. Letting her choose me (and boy did she make that clear) was the best thing I could have done.

We home! I came home with the girl. She chose me...the boy wanted nothing to do with me, he kept flying away and she kept flying to me. She had a bumpy ride home...ugh I hate 696 (or it just could be the way my hubby drives), she got car sick I think. She's very sweet. My daughter nixed Kekoa as a name and named her Kyra instead. LOL I'm trying to download pics off my phone now, so hopefully I can post some soon.

It took her a while to get her into the cage. She wants to stay with me instead, but I don't want to baby her too much...though it is very hard! It's so different having a bird that I can hold and cuddle and touch! Wow! Not like my Budster at all. They have not met, and won't right now. She's hanging off the side of her cage. Just need to let her settle in. I have to argue with myself not to go get her out. LOL

Ok, be back shortly with pics...I hope! LOL My camera is unloading 400 pics onto this computer! LOL (not all 400 are of Kyra)

She's found her perch and hasn't moved. She's chirping. I've already gotten to hear the "piggy" sounds from her. Too cute. She is much more laid back than the boy was. So far so good.

Buddy is being much more needy tonight. :). I love that boy too. For some reason no one wants to eat dinner tonight....sigh.

Thank you Jayd. I can see that with her vibrant green jacket and her white ruffled shirt. It's very fitting.

She christened my keyboard this morning. Gonna have to get some sort of plastic covering for it. On one hand I'm glad she can't take the keys off of it, but I can't either to clean it well! LOL

And she likes the toys I've made! LOL